Anybody ever check out the Rewards section these days?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2020

I know I know. Here we go again.
Did you notice that even the link to the Rewards section has been buried? (6 feet under?). There was a header before beside instruments and sounds and those things. Now if you want to find it you either go to very bottom of the page where support and all those links are...or click on my account and click on Rewards which takes you to another page with a link to the Rewards section. Now if I was a new user I'm pretty sure I'd only stumble upon that by accident (and maybe not a lucky accident.).Nothing new added for the longest time. We all know how limited the Rewards have always been. This thread is more about the fact that they're not even promoting it these days.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

w1pl0c

20 Sep 2020

No

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2020

Nope. It's been a long time since I checked it. Pretty sure i have a lot of reward points too.
If I suddenly feel the urge to make a retro game music project I might buy the Super Audio Cart RE. I trialed it a long time ago and liked it. Other than that there's nothing for me on that list that I don't already own.

I think RS kind of tries to let it die out slowly so that no one notices it too much. That's probably why they "hide it" a little bit. Wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of it altogether in a year or so. And why not, if an idea doesn't work out, you might as well toss it out.

Billy+

20 Sep 2020

I check in the hope disco school refill gets added but I have never used any of my rewards as nothing available is what I want or already have

guitfnky

20 Sep 2020

why would they bother promoting it? we’ve already run it into the ground with all the whining here on the forum. if they highlighted it and some poor schmuck decides to come poking around Reasontalk to do a little homework first, they’ll find a deluge of poorly-considered complaints from a bunch of entitled users, and probably won’t bother anyway.

to answer the direct question, I poked around just after Friktion was released to see what’s on offer. there was a lot more there than I remember, and I almost pulled the trigger on Resonans—still may, at some point. hopefully they put Friktion in there soon.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2020

Thing is...I'm pretty sure they realise by now just how much it failed. Now it's in place though...why don't they try and make it work? Even if they read a 10th of the comments that have been posted on RT since they introduced it they could see where they failed and redo it. I guess it's "dead as a dodo"...I mean "dead as a Balance."
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2020

guitfnky wrote:
20 Sep 2020
why would they bother promoting it? we’ve already run it into the ground with all the whining here on the forum. if they highlighted it and some poor schmuck decides to come poking around Reasontalk to do a little homework first, they’ll find a deluge of poorly-considered complaints from a bunch of entitled users, and probably won’t bother anyway.

to answer the direct question, I poked around just after Friktion was released to see what’s on offer. there was a lot more there than I remember, and I almost pulled the trigger on Resonans—still may, at some point. hopefully they put Friktion in there soon.
"Whining"? Man!! Not even going to comment.
Resonans...if you're going to get it later then you know that later it'll be on sale cheaper.
Friktion in Rewards. yeah well...
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Sep 2020
Thing is...I'm pretty sure they realise by now just how much it failed. Now it's in place though...why don't they try and make it work? Even if they read a 10th of the comments that have been posted on RT since they introduced it they could see where they failed and redo it. I guess it's "dead as a dodo"...I mean "dead as a Balance."
Yes they could just rework it a bit and it could be something something truly "rewarding". The idea itself is good. If they just changed a couple of things...

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2020

guitfnky wrote:
20 Sep 2020

I'm usually on the "stop whining, don't be so entitled" side of things too. But let's be honest here, the reward system in its current form doesn't do a very good job at actually rewarding people. Maybe a lycky few, sure. But even if one happens to be interested in any of the few items available, you're better of waiting for a sale, which makes any reward points pretty much useless.
Like I said earlier here, if they just improved the reward system a little it could be a great thing. More items on the list and the abilty to combine reward points with REs on sale. That's it, problem solved.

guitfnky

20 Sep 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Sep 2020
"Whining"?
yes, 100%.

people act like it’s a slap in the face or something, just because they don’t happen to be interested in any of the stuff on offer, which yes, is entitled whining.

we aren’t owed anything additional for the stuff we’ve purchased willingly. getting indignant about what goes on sale or what gets put into the Rewards section, or how Rewards works is whining.

it’s like being mad at your local grocery chain because their coupon mailer doesn’t have anything on it that you’re interested in buying.

of course I agree it could be better. changing the name to something less prone to misunderstanding would be a good first step.

Lost Dog

20 Sep 2020

Hi all o7
I have over 100 points for the rewards store and my question is whether I can use two sets of the £50 pound vouchers for one item or can I only use one £50 voucher per item?
Many thanks 😊

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2020

Lost Dog wrote:
20 Sep 2020
Hi all o7
I have over 100 points for the rewards store and my question is whether I can use two sets of the £50 pound vouchers for one item or can I only use one £50 voucher per item?
Many thanks 😊
One.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2020

guitfnky wrote:
20 Sep 2020
MrFigg wrote:
20 Sep 2020
"Whining"?
yes, 100%.

people act like it’s a slap in the face or something, just because they don’t happen to be interested in any of the stuff on offer, which yes, is entitled whining.

we aren’t owed anything additional for the stuff we’ve purchased willingly. getting indignant about what goes on sale or what gets put into the Rewards section, or how Rewards works is whining.

it’s like being mad at your local grocery chain because their coupon mailer doesn’t have anything on it that you’re interested in buying.

of course I agree it could be better. changing the name to something less prone to misunderstanding would be a good first step.
A search on the forum for the word "whining" brought up 11 pages of comments. From the majority of these comments it would appear that people who voice their own opinions on the rewards system, saying why they think it useless and disappointing, are deemed "whiners". Not a particularly positive word to call someone you may agree. On the contrary, the people who are actually glad and getting some use from the Rewards are not being put down by the so called "whiners". More the opposite.
The people who think Rewards are crap are saying just that and not getting personal.
The people who are more pro-rewards are reverting to name-calling and what may be construed as self righteousness.
Make of that what you will.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lost Dog

20 Sep 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Sep 2020
Lost Dog wrote:
20 Sep 2020
Hi all o7
Many thanks 😊
One.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me 👍

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2020

Lost Dog wrote:
20 Sep 2020
MrFigg wrote:
20 Sep 2020

One.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me 👍
:)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

20 Sep 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Sep 2020
guitfnky wrote:
20 Sep 2020

yes, 100%.

A search on the forum for the word "whining" brought up 11 pages of comments. From the majority of these comments it would appear that people who voice their own opinions on the rewards system, saying why they think it useless and disappointing, are deemed "whiners". Not a particularly positive word to call someone you may agree. On the contrary, the people who are actually glad and getting some use from the Rewards are not being put down by the so called "whiners". More the opposite.
The people who think Rewards are crap are saying just that and not getting personal.
The people who are more pro-rewards are reverting to name-calling and what may be construed as self righteousness.
Make of that what you will.
I think you’re misunderstanding what I mean. I’m not talking about anyone specifically (that was long enough ago that I don’t even remember who was involved), and I’m not calling anyone anything (okay, I guess I did call some entitled). I’ve whined in the past, about plenty (hell, I’m doing it now). doesn’t mean I think of myself as a “whiner”, and similarly, it doesn’t mean I think of anyone else as a whiner. I’ve gone running, but I’m not a “runner”, if that analogy helps at all.

I just don’t get the hate, that’s all. disappointment, sure, but some people seem to have a really visceral anger about what’s essentially a coupon system, and that strikes me as a really strange thing to get so upset about.

tldr; I didn’t think I was being personal, and if it came across that way, it certainly wasn’t intentional.

jam-s

20 Sep 2020

It's not hate, but shattered expectations. We hoped for the Props to do some good promotional work here, but it turned out really sub par in comparison to almost all the competition (even NI coupons - which you can use for almost nothing - are more useful).

Boombastix
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2020

jam-s wrote:
20 Sep 2020
It's not hate, but shattered expectations. We hoped for the Props to do some good promotional work here, but it turned out really sub par in comparison to almost all the competition (even NI coupons - which you can use for almost nothing - are more useful).
To NI defense, can't you use the $25 coupon on a $29 preset pack, so 4 bucks?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

jam-s

20 Sep 2020

Boombastix wrote:
20 Sep 2020
jam-s wrote:
20 Sep 2020
To NI defense, can't you use the $25 coupon on a $29 preset pack, so 4 bucks?
Yes, and that's one of the only good ways to use them ;)

• Information