Comp-Edit for multiple channels at once

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BigFatMama

17 Sep 2020

Hi,

I'm using reason 11 to record my drumkit. This kit is connected via 13 channels.
I recorded the base track and now, I want to make the fill ins. Therefore I thought,
I should use the Comp-edit Mode to play the Fill Ins multiple time and select
the best one or a mix out of it. I understand the workflow for a single channel,
but how should I do that for 13 channels, without merging that to one channel
and lose the possibility to edit every single channel? The selection out of the different
loops should always be the same for example first 0,5 seconds from the first
loop (for all channels like kick, snare, overheads), then 1 second from the third
loop (again for all channels) and so on. There is no need to make different time
sections for different channels.

I hope, I made myself clear and would be very pleased, if somebody
can tell me the direction, how to make that.

Regards,
Jan

buddard
RE Developer

17 Sep 2020

BigFatMama wrote:
17 Sep 2020
Hi,

I'm using reason 11 to record my drumkit. This kit is connected via 13 channels.
I recorded the base track and now, I want to make the fill ins. Therefore I thought,
I should use the Comp-edit Mode to play the Fill Ins multiple time and select
the best one or a mix out of it. I understand the workflow for a single channel,
but how should I do that for 13 channels, without merging that to one channel
and lose the possibility to edit every single channel? The selection out of the different
loops should always be the same for example first 0,5 seconds from the first
loop (for all channels like kick, snare, overheads), then 1 second from the third
loop (again for all channels) and so on. There is no need to make different time
sections for different channels.

I hope, I made myself clear and would be very pleased, if somebody
can tell me the direction, how to make that.

Regards,
Jan
Unfortunately this is not possible right now, it's something that I've been missing as well.
It would be really cool if they added track folders that could be edited as a single track in comp edit!

Ottostrom

18 Sep 2020

Yeah, unfortunately like buddard said it is not possible at the moment :/
The only thing which might help speed up the process a bit (if you still want to do it in Reason) is copying the cuts themselves from one comp edit and pasting them into the others.
You will still have to select the correct clips after the cuts but at least they will all be lined up properly, and the crossfade will be the same as well.

guitfnky

18 Sep 2020

I really hope they add this, and group timing adjustments in the slice editor, for the same reason, at some point...
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information