Where does Reason post Release Notes !?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
m.arthur

08 Sep 2020

Just wasted 10 minutes clicking around the labyrinth of reasonstudios.com trying to find the release notes for the latest update to reason -- couldn't find them anywhere.

1. where are they?
2. why is it this hard to find them ??

deeplink
Competition Winner

08 Sep 2020

Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Creativemind

09 Sep 2020

m.arthur wrote:
08 Sep 2020
Just wasted 10 minutes clicking around the labyrinth of reasonstudios.com trying to find the release notes for the latest update to reason -- couldn't find them anywhere.

1. where are they?
2. why is it this hard to find them ??
Yeah the site is probably poorly designed like the shop. The shop has a crap search on it, not easy to see the box to search in and if you just get 1 letter wrong, say search FExpansion instead of FXpansion it'll say nothing found. Very annoying when you can only remember part of a name of something you're looking for in the shop.

Going back to release notes, better now but go back a couple of years or longer there quite often weren't release notes or things weren't listed in the release notes.

I remember not knowing for months that a shortcut to add a Mix Channel in the rack had been added and the same thing happened with being able to drag midi files from the browser onto an existing midi track. Didn't find out for months. Used to be you couldn't drag a midi file from the browser onto an existing say Thor track, it would open a new track and assign it to an ID8 and then you had to drag it up to the Thor track. I cannot remember it ever being mentioned after any update but could be wrong.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

guitfnky

09 Sep 2020

how is it that the site is still in such a sorry shape for searching? it amazes me. it wasn’t as pretty before they switched over to RS from Props, but the search was reliable. now it looks nice, but finding what you want can be such a hassle. it’s like they took the prize sheep at the fair and swapped it for a pig in a lipstick suit. (yeah, I don’t know what that means either 😆)
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Creativemind

09 Sep 2020

guitfnky wrote:
09 Sep 2020
how is it that the site is still in such a sorry shape for searching? it amazes me. it wasn’t as pretty before they switched over to RS from Props, but the search was reliable. now it looks nice, but finding what you want can be such a hassle. it’s like they took the prize sheep at the fair and swapped it for a pig in a lipstick suit. (yeah, I don’t know what that means either 😆)
:lol:

I'd like to know where this GUI update they promised is? I was expecting August. Must be this month surely. I was hoping there was going to be another update before 12 but not looking likely because I'd expect Reason 12 by early next year and can't see another point update out before the end of this year after this GUI one. Possibly but it'd be a tight squeeze, maybe December.

guitfnky

09 Sep 2020

Creativemind wrote:
09 Sep 2020
guitfnky wrote:
09 Sep 2020

I'd like to know where this GUI update they promised is? I was expecting August. Must be this month surely. I was hoping there was going to be another update before 12 but not looking likely because I'd expect Reason 12 by early next year and can't see another point update out before the end of this year after this GUI one. Possibly but it'd be a tight squeeze, maybe December.
I imagine the GUI overhaul is a really tall order, with a ton of moving parts. they’re probably doing more than just throwing it into 3D mode or whatever so they can scale it. I’m guessing there will be fairly extensive changes to the look and feel too (hopefully making stuff dockable, but where we want to put it; better layout options for the mixer; a non-floating tools window; add knobs to the mixer channel EQ/spectrum window; maybe even a mixer/track folder system). point being that the GUI touches almost everything else that goes on in the system. it would be a good opportunity to really dig in and give us some of those things we’ve all been asking for, right alongside the flagship GUI update.

hey, a guy can dream, right? :lol:

if they do all that, I wouldn’t be surprised to have to wait until fall 2021 or possibly even later—of course I HOPE it comes way sooner than that. only time will tell.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Creativemind

09 Sep 2020

guitfnky wrote:
09 Sep 2020
Creativemind wrote:
09 Sep 2020

I imagine the GUI overhaul is a really tall order, with a ton of moving parts. they’re probably doing more than just throwing it into 3D mode or whatever so they can scale it. I’m guessing there will be fairly extensive changes to the look and feel too (hopefully making stuff dockable, but where we want to put it; better layout options for the mixer; a non-floating tools window; add knobs to the mixer channel EQ/spectrum window; maybe even a mixer/track folder system). point being that the GUI touches almost everything else that goes on in the system. it would be a good opportunity to really dig in and give us some of those things we’ve all been asking for, right alongside the flagship GUI update.

hey, a guy can dream, right? :lol:

if they do all that, I wouldn’t be surprised to have to wait until fall 2021 or possibly even later—of course I HOPE it comes way sooner than that. only time will tell.
Dream maybe, hope it isn't.

I'd be happy to wait till November or something if they threw all that in (and not forgetting scalability or is that what you meant at the beginning of your reply?) but I feel as is always with Reason it'd be very basically thought out, hope not.

Sorry if that sounds hard on them but always seems to be the case. They added Slicing Notes in Reason 9 and why not Joining Notes at the same time, very easily iimplemented with ctrl J like clips? They gave us Key Highlighting in 11 but no Note Displays or Midi Controller Key Highlighting in terms of a shading to line up the notes (that's what I was wanting) and also in 11 only 1 curve type for the Automation and Auto-Crossfading and no verticle allignment for the crossfades either. The muting wasn't applicable when scrolling like you can with the ReDrum steps and the pen for drawing multiple notes didn't work vertically and still waiting for the themes (and more themes wouldn't go amiss) to affect the mixer and PLEASE REASON add applying them without restarting the software like every other daw.

• Information