Can't get reason VST to work (for 3 months). other users are having the same issue.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
downbeat

05 Sep 2020

Every time I try to load reason as a VST in ableton I get the following series of messages.

Message 1

Windows failed to load custom fonts.

Unfortunately, your system fails to load at least one of the applications custom fonts. Some text will likely appear distorted. Please check / repair your graphics drivers and settings for multiple monitors. This could also happen due to corrupt / manipulated application folder contents.

The next window states:

Reason resource package missing

The file "Reason.rpcp" is missing, please reinstall the application.

I am running a windows pc with 2 ASUS monitors.
I have an EVGA geforce 1070 GTX graphics card.
I have a motu 828 firewire interface.

I have updated my video card drivers.
I have disconnected one monitor to see if that would help. It did not.
I have changed the font size. Did not help.
I have uninstalled both the authorizing software and reason itself. I have installed three different updates of reason 11. There have been three updates in the amount of time that I have been trying to fix this.

I haven't been able to get reason support to contact me in nearly 3 months. 3 months. Wow.

Thanks for your help.

Loque

05 Sep 2020

Troll?
Reason12, Win10

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

06 Sep 2020

Can you get R11 standalone to load up?

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

06 Sep 2020

BTW, where are other users reporting this?

downbeat

07 Sep 2020

Loque wrote:
05 Sep 2020
Troll?
No. God, why is everyone on these threads so hostile? Jesus. I can't get reason to work and haven't been able to for months. Why are you attacking me?

downbeat

07 Sep 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
06 Sep 2020
BTW, where are other users reporting this?
I've been contacted on reddit by other users having the same issue. I posted there without any luck. It was recommended that I post here to see if I can get some help.

downbeat

07 Sep 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
06 Sep 2020
Yes. No problem there. Just get the message when the VST loads. No problem with any other VST's.

WOO

07 Sep 2020

Have you tried this?
Attachments
Screenshot (77).png
Screenshot (77).png (317.92 KiB) Viewed 803 times
Screenshot (76).png
Screenshot (76).png (144.21 KiB) Viewed 803 times

downbeat

07 Sep 2020

WOO wrote:
07 Sep 2020
Have you tried this?
No luck so far with those. It doesn't appear to be related to the firewall. I have shut off the firewall and turned it on and I still get the message in both states.

I removed all but the windows fonts and rebooted. Still get the same message.

Thank you for the ideas. I really appreciate it.

zoidkirb

07 Sep 2020

What about launching the plugin in a different daw so you can rule out any ableton related issues.

downbeat

07 Sep 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
07 Sep 2020
What about launching the plugin in a different daw so you can rule out any ableton related issues.
So, after spending an hour installing fruity loops and messing around with it, I am able to load reason as vst without the same errors.

There are still other people having the same error. I will contact them and see if they are using the same DAW.

zoidkirb

07 Sep 2020

downbeat wrote:
07 Sep 2020
zoidkirb wrote:
07 Sep 2020
So, after spending an hour installing fruity loops and messing around with it, I am able to load reason as vst without the same errors.

There are still other people having the same error. I will contact them and see if they are using the same DAW.
Ableton Live 10 (and fully up to date?) the rack is going fine here with Live 10 Suite.
It's unfortunate but the answer might be complete wipes and installs of everything, if your'e out of options. Is everything (o/s, live, reason) installed to C drive? Just a wild guess that could be an issue if things are having trouble being found...

Loque

08 Sep 2020

downbeat wrote:
07 Sep 2020
Loque wrote:
05 Sep 2020
Troll?
No. God, why is everyone on these threads so hostile? Jesus. I can't get reason to work and haven't been able to for months. Why are you attacking me?
Why you created a 2nd thread?
Reason12, Win10

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

08 Sep 2020

downbeat wrote:
07 Sep 2020
Enlightenspeed wrote:
06 Sep 2020
Yes. No problem there. Just get the message when the VST loads. No problem with any other VST's.
Ok, this looks to be an issue with what Live is looking at.

On Windows the correct path for Ableton to look at is:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Check that this is correct in your Ableton settings, should be the same in FL. If still no joy then look and see that FL is definitely pointed at the same thing, as the .rpcp file is in that folder, and if it works in FL it should work in Live. If you can confirm that they are both looking at the same thing then the issue is something to do with the Live installation - reinstall that and try again.

Let us know how you get on.
Brian

• Information