Strange latency/sound issue

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
eldridge

04 Sep 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm having a strange audio issue that I can't figure out. A while back I was coming back to a song I was recording in Reason 11, and there was a latency issue with my guitar that sounded like a light delay pedal. I didn't think too much about it and I think I just turned my computer off to figure it out another day.

After that, when I tried to listen to music through my computer, there was an awful choppy/static noise. I tested to see if it was the speakers by connecting them to a different computer, and everything was fine. I updated the Focusrite 2i4 driver on the problem PC, and when I played some music everything was good. I thought the problem was solved until I went back into Reason, and there were no inputs available. After troubleshooting a bit, I just decided to reinstall the driver again and when I went back into Reason the input was working, but I was having the same latency issue with the guitar. Then I tried playing some music and that same choppy/static was back.

I reinstalled the driver again and restarted the computer. First, I opened up Spotify and played some music and everything sounded good. I then opened up Reason and the input seemed ok, but the latency issue was there. Then I went back to Spotify and the choppy/static issue returned. I have no idea what's happening. Opening up Reason seems to be messing with the Focusrite in some weird way. I've updated Reason to the latest version.

Any ideas about what is going on? Any thought are much appreciated.

Bytebait

17 Sep 2020

Maybe export a song to wav. That may help you determine if it's reason or maybe the audio card.

My last latency issue lasted a few frustrating weeks until it occurred to me that I was using my Bluetooth headphones. It's been a few weeks since you posted this, hopefully your issue was just a boneheaded issue like mine was.
Good luck.

• Information