Record Insert FX to track

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Bman70

27 Aug 2020

Hi,
Is there a way to record an insert effect to its own track? When I right-click an insert effect, there's an option to "Create Track for (Effect Name)." But it has no record Arm button.

So, I have Stutter Edit as an insert effect on my MIDI instrument. The instrument has a recorded song on its MIDI track. I want to apply Stutter Edit only to part of that track.. so I was hoping to be able to record / automate when Stutter Edit comes on and off. Like, as though Stutter Edit was an instrument or automation lane for the track it's inserted in.

I thought I did this once but can't remember how. The only other option I can think is bounce to audio while triggering Stutter Edit and use the audio track instead.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2020

You don't see a record arm because it is an effect, but you surely have a automation arm button. It's a red button with a dotted line. To record the automation you just have to press record and change any automation in the effect.

To be more "accurate" and if you like to "write in" te automation, you can also load the VST window, then press automate and select one of the VST's controls. Reason creates an automation lane in the sequencer for the control you selected.

Bman70

28 Aug 2020

Thanks, I did find out how to add an Arm button to the effect track and record MIDI as if it were an instrument.

• Information