Be My Guest on the Reason Live Stream!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ryanharlin
Reason Studios

24 Aug 2020

Hey Reason Gang,

This is Ryan from Reason Studios, who some of you know but maybe some of you don't. If you've been watching our weekly live stream series, then some of you know me even better and have more than enough ammo to crack banjo and flannel jokes at me for years go come. :)

I wanted to give you guys a heads up about tomorrow's live stream. The guest for the hour will be YOU guys... or whoever wants to join! I'm going to be opening up a Zoom call to anyone who wants to get on and talk with me, the Reason community, and to share some music you've been working on. I did this once before and it was a super fun experimental process. This time I think I've got the tech even smoother so I can't wait to talk to everyone.

BRIGGS

24 Aug 2020

Good idea! :puf_smile:
r11s

estuary

24 Aug 2020

ahh I wish I could join the stream but my English is not good enough, anyway it's great idea.

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

24 Aug 2020

estuary wrote:
24 Aug 2020
ahh I wish I could join the stream but my English is not good enough, anyway it's great idea.
You are still welcome to join! Don't let that stop you. I promise you whatever language you speak then I'm MUCH worse at that one. :)

ryan

deeplink
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2020

I would love to join in.

@Ryan is there any guidelines that you can share with regard to joining - i.e particular system preferences or settings to adjust?
I always have trouble sharing my audio.. does Reason+Zoom generallly work with external soundcards?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

joeyluck

25 Aug 2020

ryanharlin wrote:
24 Aug 2020
The guest for the hour will be YOU guys... or whoever wants to join! I'm going to be opening up a Zoom call to anyone who wants to get on and talk with me, the Reason community, and to share some music you've been working on. I did this once before and it was a super fun experimental process.
I've enjoyed every single one of these, but that one was definitely a favorite! So I'm looking forward to this one!

I've made this a global announcement here so that everybody has a good chance of seeing it and joining if they want :)

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

25 Aug 2020

deeplink wrote:
24 Aug 2020
I would love to join in.

@Ryan is there any guidelines that you can share with regard to joining - i.e particular system preferences or settings to adjust?
I always have trouble sharing my audio.. does Reason+Zoom generallly work with external soundcards?
If you want to try sharing your audio - there's a few tricks to making it work that i can try and explain here:

1) In Zoom's Advanced Audio Settings check the checkbox that says something like "Show option to enable original sound."

2) If you were going to try sharing audio from Reason (on a mac, not sure how it works on windows) you change the sound driver in Reason to Zoom Audio Device and then share you screen in Zoom making sure to check the lower left checkbox for Share Computer Sound (or some similar wording)

3) That method introduces latency to any live playing you'd try to do. To get rid of that, you'd have to use Loopback Audio, which isn't free and is a whole setup process unto itself.

4) But also, there's a dropbox link for people to send in song files and stereo masters to me and I can open them up on my end if we're talking about your stuff.

Loque

25 Aug 2020

Its probably not the perfect time for me to be live in the stream, but i will clearly have a look into the stream.

And Ryan, be warned! Here are probably some guys that will be moaning around for new features 😂
Reason12, Win10

deeplink
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2020

I think it's best we leave the negative attitudes for this forum and just have some good fun :)
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

25 Aug 2020

Loque wrote:
25 Aug 2020
Its probably not the perfect time for me to be live in the stream, but i will clearly have a look into the stream.

And Ryan, be warned! Here are probably some guys that will be moaning around for new features 😂
Well if it helps to keep it under control - everyone can just know that I have absolutely no power to do anything about feature requests so you'd be better off explaining how badly you want retina graphics and VST3 support to your pharmacist. ;)

Loque

25 Aug 2020

deeplink wrote:
25 Aug 2020
I think it's best we leave the negative attitudes for this forum and just have some good fun :)
Its better to leave bad attitudes at home and stay constructive and creative here and in the stream :lol: :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

vectro

25 Aug 2020

Ryan, I'm in!
/ Linus

bitley

25 Aug 2020

Utterly great concept Ryan!

challism

25 Aug 2020

I would suggest BenJoe McFlannelgan. He's pretty elusive, but I might be able to reach him.
external-content.duckduckgo.jpg
external-content.duckduckgo.jpg (36.55 KiB) Viewed 1854 times
I love the live streams. You've been doing a great job, Ryan! Keep it up!!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Loque

26 Aug 2020

The Reason people are making really some good music...always impressed what i hear from you!

And those people come from everywhere all over the world...

Interesting stream. Keep it up, Ryan!
Reason12, Win10

supersplaron

26 Aug 2020

challism wrote:
25 Aug 2020
I would suggest BenJoe McFlannelgan. He's pretty elusive, but I might be able to reach him.

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

I love the live streams. You've been doing a great job, Ryan! Keep it up!!
BENJOE MCFLANNELGAN 😂

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

01 Sep 2020

challism wrote:
25 Aug 2020
I would suggest BenJoe McFlannelgan.
:lol: :lol:

motuscott

01 Sep 2020

ryanharlin wrote:
25 Aug 2020
Well if it helps to keep it under control - everyone can just know that I have absolutely no power to do anything about feature requests so you'd be better off explaining how badly you want retina graphics and VST3 support to your pharmacist. ;)
My pharmacist says track folders are coming next week. Free upgrade!! :puf_smile:
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

guitfnky

01 Sep 2020

motuscott wrote:
01 Sep 2020
ryanharlin wrote:
25 Aug 2020
My pharmacist says track folders are coming next week. Free upgrade!! :puf_smile:
that free upgrade is just a sample. after you run through that 30-day supply, it’s gonna cost you a $130 copay.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information