Just learned about the free Melda Plugins

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deeplink
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2020

And I'm pretty impressed. Some great effects, utilities and visualizers there - and not a cent was spent!

Edit: I should probably paste a link in case people don't know what I am referring to https://www.meldaproduction.com/MFreeFXBundle
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

PhillipOrdonez

23 Aug 2020

Congrats. Mmanalyser is my melda plugin of choice.

dvdrtldg

23 Aug 2020

Yep they're great. Ring modulator is amazing, also spectral delay

WOO

23 Aug 2020

Thanks i just downloaded. If its free its for me!

bitley

23 Aug 2020

A lot of stuff here for sure, question is - as always - whether these actually render better methods or better sounds / results than the ultra-fantastic base platforms Reason & Logic Pro X really are.

I think my "general platform" for any should-i-get-this decisions are;

• that I generally prefer the normal GUIs and design choices audio-wise - they might look plain on surface but as I know exactly what everything does I get maximum productivity.

• and I'm certainly not a plugin "hoarder". For a number of reasons.

• I prefer being able to work on all my old dinosaur macs (two runs the latest versions) and my cheapo PC without worrying about having to install loads of sugar & spice on top of Reason & my banks - and even having to repeat that process should I move the project to another machine.

I have Omnisphere & Korgs Legacy & Kontakt and some other stuff but often I think installing these things are painfully un-intuitive. If Reason had a synchronize feature which would remember what my account should contain & fetch that from all vendors - refills VSTs and AUs and what not - gosh it'd save me so much time.

To be honest a fresh install of Reason on a new computer and inspiration & coffee - that's a top user experience really. As soon something is missing here or there inspiration falls like a stone to the ground. "Omnisphere is not installed correctly", that's such a bummer.

Sorry for hovering out on a general VST rant - but fill your drives - if it inspires you. ;-)

dpcoffin

24 Aug 2020

I found this useful re Melda's freebies:

Many in the pack I don't use, but the few that I DO, are priceless to me. My fav is the MConvolutionEZ; comes with many IRs, but esp. a set of unique "Special" ones that turn it into something like the Audiomatic Retro Transformer except it's not a degrader, more like a huge collection of instant-On Spectral EQ presets. Refreshes any new or already great fav sound in endless ways. I sprang instantly for the $58 upgrade when it was on sale just so I could resize the guis and set custom directories; best $29 I've spent in many a long year.
Last edited by dpcoffin on 24 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2020

dpcoffin wrote:
24 Aug 2020
I found this useful re Melda's freebies:

Many in the pack I don't use, but the few that I DO, are priceless to me. My fav is the MConvolverEZ; comes with many IRs, but esp. a set of unique "Special" ones that turn it into something like the Audiomatic Retro Transformer except it's not a degrader, more like a huge collection of instant-On Spectral EQ presets. Refreshes any new or already great fav sound in endless ways. I sprang instantly for the $50 upgrade when it was on sale just so I could resize the guis and set custom directories; best $25 I've spent in many a long year.
When was it on sale last? Is it a regular thing?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dpcoffin

24 Aug 2020

I think it comes around regularly maybe once a year in the weekly revolving 50% Madness sale, but there's also at least one everything-50% sale annually, usually at BFriday; dev confirms this for this year, here:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... f10662a0fa

That's when I got it last year.

• Information