"Analyzing and Calculating audio data in the Background" ??

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2020

Dug out some of my Record Drum Takes Refills. When I load them up the little "Calc" circle on the bottom right of the sequencer goes round and I can see the message "Analyzing and Calculating audio data in the Background. You can record, edit and play back as usual.".
Circle is taking pretty long to complete and I don't remember it being like that before on my old PC which was much slower than the one I've got now. I usually see that same little circle going around when I load a song with loads of guitar and bass tracks. Can anyone tell me what is actually happening when that circle is going around? Thanks
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

23 Aug 2020

Time stretching...And maybe pitch analyzing and all that stuff..

Disable it for the audio track/clip if you do not want it.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2020

Loque wrote:
23 Aug 2020

Hmmm...it's seven audio drum tracks one for each drum then each track split up into different sections, verse, bridge, chorus etc. It's pretty straight forward...no time stretching or any of that stuff I don't think. It's no big deal really, I just don't know why it's taking the calc circle to go round the whole way.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

plaamook

23 Aug 2020

MrFigg wrote:
23 Aug 2020
Loque wrote:
23 Aug 2020

Hmmm...it's seven audio drum tracks one for each drum then each track split up into different sections, verse, bridge, chorus etc. It's pretty straight forward...no time stretching or any of that stuff I don't think. It's no big deal really, I just don't know why it's taking the calc circle to go round the whole way.
I think it does pre-calculations in case you want to stretch or pitch it.
That said, its not usually very long. I often work with pretty long sam;les, 10-20 min each, and it's fairly quick on my humble rig.
As Loque says, you can disable stretching per track.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

• Information