Reason doesn't render the first 79 msec ...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Bonkhead

22 Aug 2020

Busy mastering, just finished a 7 track EP.

For final checks in Soundforge I notice the first 79 msecs are missing, did a rerender and same result.
Why ?????? The source files have the first punch, the project itself has the first punch, but the rendered (channel bounce) files are missing the first transient.

Anyone care to check ? I'm on R10, latest version.

Loque

22 Aug 2020

I noticed this several times in the past too. Sometimes a note is missing or just audio. The bug is never really fixed. Since than i always let my song start after my 8 bar loop with a pause, so i never had this issue again.
Reason12, Win10

EdGrip

22 Aug 2020

The first 79 msec of a track are always rubbish. Like the first pancake.

marcuswitt

22 Aug 2020

ljekio wrote:
22 Aug 2020
What of effects on master?
Ozone? ;)
That’s THE question? ;)
I’ve noticed that behavior, as described by the OP, whenever RE or VST effects are involved that produce a comparably a huge latency, such as OZONE. Increasing Reason’s playback buffer time has solved that problem quite often, but not always for some reasons that are unknown and not fully clear to me. Anyway, my more or less primitive way of ‘steering around’ that issue is by shifting the entire song forward by one bar in Reason’s Sequencer, whereof the right locator which represents the end of the song has to be aligned likewise. That makes sure to capture the entire song during the bounce/export process. In the mastering process I simply cut that one bar of silence off and delete it.

Bonkhead

22 Aug 2020

Just did some tests.

I created a rex college drum loop, tapecompressed distorted just for fun.
Rendered to wav, clean loaded in empty project.

I rendered the clean loop to disk, no problem.
I put ozone on it, I'm missing a small part already.
I loaded up my mastering chain (about 7 re's) without fabfilter pro L2 and without Ozone, transient is missing even more.

Might just be the amount of RE's in a chain. Delay compensation is on always, but that doesn't apply to rendering or something ?
Last edited by Bonkhead on 22 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Dante

22 Aug 2020

I have same issue with Harrison Mixbus, so I simply put the left locator 1 beat before the song starts. Issue is more noticeable when the mastering buss plugins are higher latency.

Bonkhead

22 Aug 2020

I never use masterbus pluggins when mastering, all inserts on audiochannels and then bounce channels to a folder. Easiest way to do a whole album in one project. After finishing the tracks I select all and place them 100msec after the startpoint. Seems to work fine.

Creativemind

22 Aug 2020

I've never had that problem. Weird. Must be a plug-in issue surely.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Billy+

22 Aug 2020

I can't say I've ever noticed this on exports but I do tend to move the complete track 1 bar over and leave 1 bar a the end, however I would be interested to know is ozone is involved and what version.

I currently run ozone 8 & neutron 3 advanced, and today I noticed that my delay compensation goes from 64 to over 3000 when adding ozone maximizer to master bus

miscend

22 Aug 2020

Never had this issue with R10.

• Information