Problem with audiomatic. Weird anomaly

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
WOO

21 Aug 2020

I just loaded up Infinite dark drone from the reason sounds, pads category and after playing and releasing a chord the sound trails off like you'd expect but then what sounds like a testone pops in and it won't stop until i bypass the audiomatic. Could someone here see if they have the same problem with this patch.
Attachments
Screenshot (75).png
Screenshot (75).png (711.43 KiB) Viewed 456 times
Last edited by WOO on 21 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

21 Aug 2020

No problems with default patch.
Reason12, Win10

WOO

21 Aug 2020

Thanks for checking Loque. Any ideas as to why i would have that problem on my end. Has reason updated the audiomatic device since version 10 which is what i'm running.

WOO

21 Aug 2020

Same patch different audiomatic presets. It only exhibits that strange behavior when its on the wash setting. I loaded up a thor and then hooked it up to the audiomatic and when on the wash preset same same thing. Note trails off and then what sounds like a testone comes in and will run until i bypass the audiomatic. Tried it with an europa same weird anomaly with the wash preset. Going to open up reason 8 and see what happens. Opened 8 loaded up a thor and the audiomatic same anomaly but the sound only runs on for 5-6 seconds after releasing a chord and only with the wash preset engaged. No problem with the other presets. So i loaded up reason 11 lite with a thor and an audiomatic same problem. And then the id8 and europa with an audiomatic same anomaly. So i opened subtractor in 11 lite an lo and behold anomaly has disappeared. Ok went back to reason 10 and loaded up a subtractor with an audiomatic same anomaly. Anyone else have an issue like this with audiomatic?

plaamook

23 Aug 2020

WOO wrote:
21 Aug 2020
Same patch different audiomatic presets. It only exhibits that strange behavior when its on the wash setting. I loaded up a thor and then hooked it up to the audiomatic and when on the wash preset same same thing. Note trails off and then what sounds like a testone comes in and will run until i bypass the audiomatic. Tried it with an europa same weird anomaly with the wash preset. Going to open up reason 8 and see what happens. Opened 8 loaded up a thor and the audiomatic same anomaly but the sound only runs on for 5-6 seconds after releasing a chord and only with the wash preset engaged. No problem with the other presets. So i loaded up reason 11 lite with a thor and an audiomatic same problem. And then the id8 and europa with an audiomatic same anomaly. So i opened subtractor in 11 lite an lo and behold anomaly has disappeared. Ok went back to reason 10 and loaded up a subtractor with an audiomatic same anomaly. Anyone else have an issue like this with audiomatic?
Yeah, wash does that. It seems to add some kind of convolved back groud sample to what you play. That's totally normal.
Well, its normal for Audiomatic anyway.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

rgdaniel

23 Aug 2020

My problem is not with the "anomaly" -- I believe that's the intended "wash" effect we're hearing -- my problem is the way it sputters gracelessly to a stop after a few seconds of no note activity. I think I had to automate a more graceful fade of the effect when I last used it, or maybe I just went a different way...

guitfnky

23 Aug 2020

they did make a change to ART last year I think that was supposed to eliminate the self-oscillation that can happen when using the Wash setting. I was really happy to hear that, at first, but then found out it doesn’t seem to have worked. pretty sure I’ve also encountered the exact behavior you’re describing since that update, and I ended up just having to automate it, like I’ve always had to do with ART, unfortunately.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information