Last Nights Reason Stream with Ryan Harling

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

19 Aug 2020

Hi All!

Sorry if this has already been posted (I did look) but last nights Reason Stream was pure gold with DJ Khalil.

Must get that book as well.

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Billy+

19 Aug 2020

Was another excellent stream, that's 3 in a row I've enjoyed. I hope he keeps it up.

Creativemind

19 Aug 2020

Billy wrote:
19 Aug 2020
Was another excellent stream, that's 3 in a row I've enjoyed. I hope he keeps it up.
Well last week's didn't grab me much but only watched 20 minutes of it. Olivia Broadfield the week before was brilliant, very informative.

Billy+

20 Aug 2020

Creativemind wrote:
19 Aug 2020
Billy wrote:
19 Aug 2020
Well last week's didn't grab me much but only watched 20 minutes of it. Olivia Broadfield the week before was brilliant, very informative.
Yeah I think Olivia was the best one and I hope she's back, I wanted to see the song completed. And I might have been nice to find out the name of the voicing she was using, it kinda looked like jazz based drop voices but not quite.

But I do think that anything but triads was an interesting idea.

But it was a good session in alternative fingering

Creativemind

20 Aug 2020

Billy wrote:
20 Aug 2020
Creativemind wrote:
19 Aug 2020

Yeah I think Olivia was the best one and I hope she's back, I wanted to see the song completed. And I might have been nice to find out the name of the voicing she was using, it kinda looked like jazz based drop voices but not quite.

But I do think that anything but triads was an interesting idea.

But it was a good session in alternative fingering
Yeah what she did with that song, changing the chords on verses then going back into his chords on the chorus was spot on. That's when you know how to write a song, proper talent.

Loque

24 Aug 2020

Interesting talk...The thing Khalil said about Ableton Live is the one thing i really miss in Reason: Making a session, just record all that sh!t, get into the flow and catch that one perfect MOMENT! And after that, you mix it to a song. Job done.

I just made one song in Live when i tried it and it still has the most "feeling" of all my songs i ever made...IMO.
Reason12, Win10

• Information