Mapping a controller - how to switch software devices.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Ethan_Music

19 Aug 2020

Hi guys

I have remote overrode my Arturia to control Kong, but I would also like to use my Arturia with settings in Europa, is this possible?

Anyone know how can I switch software devices and keep the mapping controls for each one?

ive got a feeling once the controller is mapped to one, it can't be mapped to another.
If true, might be a useful things to implement for future releases...

mjxl

19 Aug 2020

If you use remote override inside Reason, that knob/fader/whatever CAN'T be used again.

Remote Maps are used for this, you can look up info's about this here on the forum or on Reason's support (i guess)

If you're on Windows, go take a look here "C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Arturia" , you will find remotemap files there, open them up to see how it works!

By default my keyboard (M-Audio Oxygen) has "shift + octave" to switch to the next rack device, I reckon yours has that too!

I also made a small app for Windows to easily create new remotemap sections for devices, then this guy "djsmex" did it online ! Check his topic here (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7517456)

Ethan_Music

19 Aug 2020

mjxl wrote:
19 Aug 2020
If you use remote override inside Reason, that knob/fader/whatever CAN'T be used again.

Remote Maps are used for this, you can look up info's about this here on the forum or on Reason's support (i guess)

If you're on Windows, go take a look here "C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Arturia" , you will find remotemap files there, open them up to see how it works!

By default my keyboard (M-Audio Oxygen) has "shift + octave" to switch to the next rack device, I reckon yours has that too!

I also made a small app for Windows to easily create new remotemap sections for devices, then this guy "djsmex" did it online ! Check his topic here (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7517456)
Thats super cool, thanks! Ill have to read up as to how that's done as Im on MAC.

Mich01

21 Aug 2020

AFAK you can override your previous settings. Just select the Europa control you want to 'override' and move or select your controller.

Greetzz Michel

• Information