Resizing all notes in the sequencer to fit bar?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2020

Sometimes I play a melody on a synth or whatever and the notes overlap like instead of stopping at 2.1.0 the note stops at 2.1.1. Then another note may come in early so you get an overlap...if you undertsand me. Now I know I can go in on editor and drag the length of the note to wherever I want it to start and stop but is there any way to select all notes and have them all snap to the bar so there's no overlaps?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

deeplink
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2020

For start times;
Click the clip and press Crl-K to quantize notes
Or open the clip, Ctrl-A to select all notes and Ctrl-K to quantize
(Windows only, MAC will probably be similar)

For end times (Reason 11 Only);
R11 introduces relative and absolute snapping
Select absoulte snapping, CTRL-A to select all notes and then use the cursor to set the desired length of the note

If you want all notes to be the same length, select them all and press the equals sign next to the note length indicators

I think this may help?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2020

joeyluck wrote:
19 Aug 2020
Yes, if they are to be the same lengths, just hit the = sign next to Length.
Thanks, that's not what I meant though. I mean say I play a note then I play it a little bit longer than I meant it to so it overlaps with the next note. Or I play the second note to soon. Is there a way to select all the notes and the snap them back or forward in length so there is no overlap. That is to say that the first note stops where the second note starts?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

stratatonic

19 Aug 2020

MrFigg wrote:
19 Aug 2020
joeyluck wrote:
19 Aug 2020
Thanks, that's not what I meant though. I mean say I play a note then I play it a little bit longer than I meant it to so it overlaps with the next note. Or I play the second note to soon. Is there a way to select all the notes and the snap them back or forward in length so there is no overlap. That is to say that the first note stops where the second note starts?
Highlight notes to be fixed > F8 Tool Window > Legato Adjustments > Side by Side (or Gap by)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2020

stratatonic wrote:
19 Aug 2020
MrFigg wrote:
19 Aug 2020

Highlight notes to be fixed > F8 Tool Window > Legato Adjustments > Side by Side (or Gap by)
That is excellent!!!!! Thankyou.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

stratatonic

19 Aug 2020

Cheers. :)
I didn't know about the "=" next to Length. You learn something new every day. :thumbs_up:

joeyluck

19 Aug 2020

MrFigg wrote:
19 Aug 2020
joeyluck wrote:
19 Aug 2020
Gotcha, I just saw 'snap to the bar' so figured your notes all had the same length of a bar. So yeah, stratatonic's suggestion would be the one you want....which I wish was available in the Sequencer bar. I wish the Sequencer bar was customizable, or that it had everything via dropdown menus, or an addition layer, or all along the current bar with scrolling...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2020

joeyluck wrote:
19 Aug 2020
MrFigg wrote:
19 Aug 2020

Gotcha, I just saw 'snap to the bar' so figured your notes all had the same length of a bar. So yeah, stratatonic's suggestion would be the one you want....which I wish was available in the Sequencer bar. I wish the Sequencer bar was customizable, or that it had everything via dropdown menus, or an addition layer, or all along the current bar with scrolling...
Haha. Yeah. I wrote snap to the bar because I couldn’t remember what bars were split up into :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2020

On my widescreen monitor I have about a foot length of unused space at the top bar (in note edit mode). Imagine if we could select our favorite F8 features to also show up there. Guess this falls on my list list of priorities around #25...or something. Then add quantize note end (#26)
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information