Reason 11 Suite, Auto Login just like RRP does?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
zero-13

17 Aug 2020

Hello everyone, wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to get Reason to auto login just like the RRP does?

It's a silly thing I know, I'm talking about waiting about 1.5 seconds and clicking a single button.

Since I've finally had a chance to use the RRP I find it very nice that it just loads up, something I've been wishing Reason would do for a while so figured I ask and just bring up, plus it's an excuse to post on RT as I've been wrapped up in S1 5 for a little while. :redface:

mjxl

17 Aug 2020

You just need to authorize Reason on your PC, you can do this here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/user/prod ... horize.php

zero-13

17 Aug 2020

mjxl wrote:
17 Aug 2020
You just need to authorize Reason on your PC, you can do this here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/user/prod ... horize.php
The only issue with that is that I'm constantly moving back and forth between my laptop and desktop, and I was under the impression that I'd have to deactivate/reactivate each time, and from what I've read that can be a mine field I want no part of?

Perhaps I'm way wrong about that though?

Italophile

18 Aug 2020

Buy an Ignition Key. Then you can authorize your desktop and use the ignition key with the laptop, or vice versa.

drk73

18 Aug 2020

Italophile wrote:
18 Aug 2020
Buy an Ignition Key. Then you can authorize your desktop and use the ignition key with the laptop, or vice versa.
True.

zero-13

19 Aug 2020

I actually have an ignition key (the USB dongle?) bought back when I bought my very first version of Reason 8 or 9, early on I never was able (didn't try much due to worry of my license getting locked and general full-on noobishness) so login seemed easier.

But as you might have noticed, if I'm bugging all you kind professionals about a situation where I'm complaining about just clicking okay on the already filled out login dialog, you can imagine I'm all Therston Howell, III about the idea of fatiguing my USB ports by constantly moving around a physical Key LOL.

I'm beyond the sphere of embarrassment at this point and figure I might as well go all the way. :redface: :puf_bigsmile:

So all the solutions are totally great and valid solutions but crumble at the radiant avarice field of this techno-spoiled nerd lol, thank you, and also, I apologize.

moneykube

19 Aug 2020

zero-13 wrote:
19 Aug 2020
So all the solutions are totally great and valid solutions but crumble at the radiant avarice field of this techno-spoiled nerd lol, thank you, and also, I apologize.
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :exclamation: :lol: :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

buddard
RE Developer

19 Aug 2020

zero-13 wrote:
19 Aug 2020
if I'm bugging all you kind professionals about a situation where I'm complaining about just clicking okay on the already filled out login dialog,
Actually, you don't even have to click on the "Log In" button, just hit the Enter key on your keyboard!

zero-13

19 Aug 2020

buddard wrote:
19 Aug 2020
zero-13 wrote:
19 Aug 2020
if I'm bugging all you kind professionals about a situation where I'm complaining about just clicking okay on the already filled out login dialog,
Actually, you don't even have to click on the "Log In" button, just hit the Enter key on your keyboard!
:oops: I love Reason users and the RT forum!

Nowhere else within the vast net have I encountered this level of courtesy, professionalism and patient noob-tolerance, I really appreciate this community.

DaveyG

20 Aug 2020

I still don't understand why the login box cannot have a checkbox that says "autologin". It remembers the name and password so why can't it just try to login with them and only prompt if it fails?

Yes, you can authorise the pc or use an ignition key but some of us use two PCs so logins are the easiest way. It's not a big deal to press the login button but neither would it be a big deal for RS to add an autologin feature. A small QOL thing.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2020

DaveyG wrote:
20 Aug 2020
I still don't understand why the login box cannot have a checkbox that says "autologin". It remembers the name and password so why can't it just try to login with them and only prompt if it fails?

Yes, you can authorise the pc or use an ignition key but some of us use two PCs so logins are the easiest way. It's not a big deal to press the login button but neither would it be a big deal for RS to add an autologin feature. A small QOL thing.
Just out of interest...how would you uncheck the box? :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

20 Aug 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2020
DaveyG wrote:
20 Aug 2020

It's a very good, if slight facetious, question. :puf_smile:
Let's see. You could hold the Shift key to force the login box. Or you could add the checkbox to the advanced preferences menu. Or the massive brains of the dev team could be strained to come up with a more complicated solution.... :lol:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2020

DaveyG wrote:
20 Aug 2020
MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2020

Let's see. You could hold the Shift key to force the login box. Or you could add the checkbox to the advanced preferences menu. Or the massive brains of the dev team could be strained to come up with a more complicated solution.... :lol:
If it's anything like their current Authorizer there's a good chance you'd be left logged out forever.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

20 Aug 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2020
DaveyG wrote:
20 Aug 2020

If it's anything like their current Authorizer there's a good chance you'd be left logged out forever.
Yeah, but then we could have the always-fun conversation about "sync all" again.

• Information