What on earth is this? (Reason crash)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deigm

14 Aug 2020

First crash I've ever had in reason. Anyone know what this is about? I'm on reason 10.
Attachments
reason error.jpg
reason error.jpg (239.76 KiB) Viewed 773 times

buddard
RE Developer

14 Aug 2020

Does this happen when you open the song, or suddenly while you’re just working on it?
Are you using a lot of instances of some particular RE?

deigm

14 Aug 2020

Randomly while I was working. Although I did have four or so other projects open at the same time that I opened hunting for a particular one but never closed again..

Loque

14 Aug 2020

Check the log for details and see if there is a dump.
Could be anything. If it's it happen in Reason only, no VSTs or RE?
Reason12, Win10

deigm

29 Aug 2020

Don't mean to bump this thread but didn't want to let this go without thanking you both for helping. To answer your questions, there were many multiple VSTs and REs running at the time of the crash, but I haven't been able to recreate the issue so I really can't know exactly what caused it. I'm chalking it up to an unfortunate anomaly and getting back to making music. Thanks again :)

Loque

29 Aug 2020

deigm wrote:
29 Aug 2020
Don't mean to bump this thread but didn't want to let this go without thanking you both for helping. To answer your questions, there were many multiple VSTs and REs running at the time of the crash, but I haven't been able to recreate the issue so I really can't know exactly what caused it. I'm chalking it up to an unfortunate anomaly and getting back to making music. Thanks again :)
With the dump file it would be freaking easy to tell you which VST it was or what the problem was...
Reason12, Win10

• Information