New ReasonStudios Video Up Today

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
antic604

18 Aug 2020

BlkRd wrote:
17 Aug 2020
Not to be greedy, but I wonder if such a device might be included in 11 suite packages... an update for suite users? Probably not.
That would be yet ANOTHER slap to the face to those of us, who didn't get Suite only because they've already paid FULL PRICE for most of the devices included...

Although I wouldn't mind it came free with v12 :)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

EnochLight

21 Aug 2020

antic604 wrote:
18 Aug 2020
That would be yet ANOTHER slap to the face to those of us, who didn't get Suite only because they've already paid FULL PRICE for most of the devices included...
To play devil's advocate, if it did get included for free to all Suite owners**, it would be a pat on the back for those who paid for Reason Suite to get the additional content. I guess one must ask: where does RS draw the line? They created Suite to obviously bring in more customers/sales, and giving it some sort of "elite" value status makes perfect sense to me.

Yeah, it sucks for those who already own all or most of the content, but... that's why they offer it as an option, right?

** I seriously doubt it will be included for free - I'm willing to wager it will be a standalone RE for sale to everyone regardless of which version you bought or own...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EdGrip

22 Aug 2020

The model so far has been the same as Ableton Live Suite - you get every RE RS have made. I think?
So it would make sense that RS devices get added to the package - maybe at the next full version release.

EnochLight

22 Aug 2020

EdGrip wrote:
22 Aug 2020
The model so far has been the same as Ableton Live Suite - you get every RE RS have made. I think?
So it would make sense that RS devices get added to the package - maybe at the next full version release.
I honestly didn't know that's how Ableton Live Suite works. You're saying when Ableton releases a new Ableton-branded plugin or module for Live, all Live Suite owners automatically get it for free? Since Reason 11 Suite came out in September 2019, I think BeatMap is the only Reason Studios-branded RE (well, Player) to come out, and it's also included in Suite. Will be interesting to see what happens with Friktion... **

** Not holding my breath
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

RoryM0

22 Aug 2020

EdGrip wrote:
22 Aug 2020
PX7 is not yet included in suite...

EdGrip

22 Aug 2020

EnochLight wrote:
22 Aug 2020
EdGrip wrote:
22 Aug 2020
I honestly didn't know that's how Ableton Live Suite works. You're saying when Ableton releases a new Ableton-branded plugin or module for Live, all Live Suite owners automatically get it for free? Since Reason 11 Suite came out in September 2019, I think BeatMap is the only Reason Studios-branded RE (well, Player) to come out, and it's also included in Suite. Will be interesting to see what happens with Friktion... **

** Not holding my breath
Yeah, although they don't release new devices on the semi-regular like RS do. The last big one was Wavetable, which came out as part of Live 10. It's included in Suite, but if you have Standard or Intro you can buy it as an add-on for a fairly large price. Same with Sampler and a few other devices I think.
The point is you're not supposed to buy the individual devices, rather you're supposed to be encouraged to upgrade to Suite. As far as I know there are no Ableton-made devices which are not included in Suite.

zoidkirb

22 Aug 2020

But does Ableton release new devices like Wavetable between versions of Live?
To be fair, Ableton doesn't release much of anyything these days...

My prediction, RS won't be adding any new devices for Suite 11 owners. They will want to give an incentive for those same owners to buy Suite 12 with a bunch of new devices.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
22 Aug 2020
My prediction, RS won't be adding any new devices for Suite 11 owners. They will want to give an incentive for those same owners to buy Suite 12 with a bunch of new devices.
That could be the case. But I'm wondering what REs they have left to add to Suite 12. PX7? The A-list stuff? A couple of refills? (most of which have been turned into REs already). I guess they could add the new secret "Friktion" instrument that's been hinted at in their video.
But if they add Friktion to Suite what will they have left in the standard version that will draw people?

zoidkirb

23 Aug 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
23 Aug 2020
zoidkirb wrote:
22 Aug 2020
That could be the case. But I'm wondering what REs they have left to add to Suite 12. PX7? The A-list stuff? A couple of refills? (most of which have been turned into REs already). I guess they could add the new secret "Friktion" instrument that's been hinted at in their video.
But if they add Friktion to Suite what will they have left in the standard version that will draw people?
You're right. Unless they really get hard to work and release a bunch of stuff in the next 12 months. (I'm one of the people who are not expecting r12 in a hurry).
Otherwise if there is a 12 suite it will be very unappealing to 11 suite owners to upgrade to.

zumBeispiel

23 Aug 2020

Last edited by zumBeispiel on 25 Aug 2020, edited 2 times in total.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

25 Aug 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
22 Aug 2020
My prediction, RS won't be adding any new devices for Suite 11 owners.
This is essentially correct. Reason 11 Suite is what-you-see-is-what-you-get, our plan is not to add every RE we release to it. For example, Friktion (launching today) is not included in Reason 11 Suite.

I can't say if this means it could be included in a Reason 12 Suite (or if we'll even do a Reason 12 Suite, the Suite version a new thing that we tried). To set some expectations, I can say for certain there will definitely not be a Reason 12 this year. :)

deeplink
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2020

MattiasHG wrote:
25 Aug 2020
zoidkirb wrote:
22 Aug 2020
My prediction, RS won't be adding any new devices for Suite 11 owners.
To set some expectations, I can say for certain there will definitely not be a Reason 12 this year. :)
That's okay Mattias, I am happy to wait until 01/01/2021 :P
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2020

deeplink wrote:
25 Aug 2020
MattiasHG wrote:
25 Aug 2020

To set some expectations, I can say for certain there will definitely not be a Reason 12 this year. :)
I’m happy to wait until the end of time. Reason 10 to the end. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EnochLight

25 Aug 2020

Man.. I hate being right. :lol:

Loque

25 Aug 2020

deeplink wrote:
25 Aug 2020
MattiasHG wrote:
25 Aug 2020

2nd of January is still early enough. I think i wont be able to turn my computer on of the 1st of January ;-)
Reason12, Win10

BlkRd

25 Aug 2020

Its become a contention now, and I dont want to draw it all out, however as a supporter of RS over the years I do feel a bit duped with the suite thing. I jumped in day of release, my fault. It was all very vague and didnt state anywhere that the suite was just a bundle. It also never said the opposite, though thats the issue. And the cynic in me feels it was a bit of an underhanded way of getting revenue up. Of course, it was a good deal in its own right, but the use of the word "suite", as we all know has connotations in the DAW or software world. It all is what it is now, but I really feel it was a bit of a shady way of making a bit extra. My bad for assuming, but had I understood the intention at the time I probably would have held off the upgrade.

I would hazard a guess that there would have been less uptakes of the so called suite had people fully understood that it was just a bundle, and especially if it had been named as such. ach well. its the world we live in these days.

SebAudio

25 Aug 2020

MattiasHG wrote:
25 Aug 2020
Ok, but there’ll be a 11.x with hi-dpi graphics ? :)

• Information