Midi keyboard not working in one song/project

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
CaptainBlack

13 Aug 2020

I open a new project, add say a Thor and the keyboard (Nektar PanoramaT4) works fine. Then I open one specific project and no midi information is getting through from it, yet the on-screen keyboard works. Go back to the new project and the keyboard is working. What might have gone wrong here?

Though the keyboard transport buttons are working, so it is still connected. I'm baffled.

if I can't work it out, I might have to transfer the tracks to another a new project and see if that works. But it's a complete ball-ache.

I have other instances of previous projects doing strange things, like the Undo not working properly. I'm on 10.4.

Thanks.

okaino

18 Sep 2020

CaptainBlack wrote:
13 Aug 2020
I open a new project, add say a Thor and the keyboard (Nektar PanoramaT4) works fine. Then I open one specific project and no midi information is getting through from it, yet the on-screen keyboard works. Go back to the new project and the keyboard is working. What might have gone wrong here?

Though the keyboard transport buttons are working, so it is still connected. I'm baffled.

if I can't work it out, I might have to transfer the tracks to another a new project and see if that works. But it's a complete ball-ache.

I have other instances of previous projects doing strange things, like the Undo not working properly. I'm on 10.4.

Thanks.
Just now coming across this post....im pretty sure ive come across this issue with panorama. The best i can tell you is to make sure your keyboard is synced correctly and create off a template file that has your controller synced and working well off of and modify it.

The connection stuff works when it does but can get really tricky and becomes a complete pain when it doesnt.

So the best i can tell you is to play into a strategy of staying updated on how you t4 is reacting to a file you know works rather then create new files where theres no constant variable.

I also agree that you shouldnt have to do all of that but just to have better grips of managing a system its something that will benefit.

I dont have enough information in general with the connections issues to know if they lie on nektartech or reason all i know is how to work out of the issues.

Might have to see if other people with panorama to T series units have the same issues in other daws

Good luck

gullum

19 Sep 2020

my guess is that you have locked the PanoramaT4 to one device in that project therefore it will only work with that RE that it is looked to.
You will need to go through all your RE's in the song and right click and look if the panorama is locked to one of them

• Information