Drag Instruments, track order?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Bytebait

12 Aug 2020

Is there a way to rearrange the track order or instrument order? For example, I would like to move my Subtractor up above my Kong.

deigm

14 Aug 2020

Just click and drag!

If your talking about the sequencer there is a little grey bar on the left of the track that is a handle to drag tracks around and re-arrange them.

If you're talking about the rack you'll need to click and drag any empty space on the device and drag that (anywhere there are no knobs or sliders).

In the mixer it's the coloured track lables at the bottom of the channel that can be dragged around.

chimp_spanner

14 Aug 2020

One thing to remember is that the order of your tracks/devices is not synchronised in all three views. If you get your sequencer tracks in the order you want, you’ll need to select them all, right click and choose “sort selected device groups”. This will then carry the order over to the rack and the mixer. I’d love to see this as an automatic thing at some point.

deigm

15 Aug 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
14 Aug 2020
One thing to remember is that the order of your tracks/devices is not synchronised in all three views. If you get your sequencer tracks in the order you want, you’ll need to select them all, right click and choose “sort selected device groups”. This will then carry the order over to the rack and the mixer. I’d love to see this as an automatic thing at some point.
I did not know about this feature. Thanks Chimp Spanner!

Creativemind

15 Aug 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
14 Aug 2020
Yeah a check box in the preferences but on by default d'you reckon?

I would actually like a Sync Windows option in the preferences so not just working as in device order but also all 3 windows tracks sync for solo'ing, muting, labelling and colouring also.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

strangers
Competition Winner

17 Aug 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
14 Aug 2020
Thanks for sharing. I wasn't aware of this either. Should help save some time.

Bytebait

19 Aug 2020

Holly cow thank you. I've been using Reason for about 20 years and never thought to ask. Very grateful to have found this forum.

• Information