Changing Template back

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Lost Dog

08 Aug 2020

Hi
I thought I would change the default opening song template to one I downloaded, I'm not overly keen on it and wish to change it back to one of the stock ones.
In preferences, I click on the file icon next to the current template name, I then select, user (my name) - music - Reason Suite 11 - template songs. - I can see the list of the templates, but I'm unable to choose one. (they are light in colour, not bold or dark like the previous menu names)

I'm on Mac OS Cantalina Version 10.15.6

Hopefully one of you can help, have been going over and over this for the last two hours, cheers.

PhillipOrdonez

08 Aug 2020

On preferences, under the general tab, near the bottom, you can choose what project will open when you load Reason.

It is like this in Windows but it should be the same on Mac?

Lost Dog

09 Aug 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
08 Aug 2020
On preferences, under the general tab, near the bottom, you can choose what project will open when you load Reason.

It is like this in Windows but it should be the same on Mac?
Hi Philip
Thanks for your reply, sadly this is not the solution, have a great day!!!

Lost Dog

09 Aug 2020

I'm getting desperate here...
I have used the radio button on the preferences window which is next to the choice of the current template that is selected, which I want to change, I have then clicked - user (my name) - music - Reason Suite 11 - template songs. - I can see the list of the templates, but I'm unable to choose one, they are visible but have a light hue to them which makes them not eligible to choose, pulling my hair out here =)

1reasonable

09 Aug 2020

The only thing I can suggest is to check your permissions on the Mac for the Template Songs folder... another thought, probably way out there, but have you checked that Reason is authorised on your computer? (Go to Reason/Your Products from the Reason menu)
…………………………………………………………………

:reason: 11.3.6 ,  iMac Intel Core i5 (late 2012) OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra

Lost Dog

09 Aug 2020

1reasonable wrote:
09 Aug 2020
The only thing I can suggest is to check your permissions on the Mac for the Template Songs folder... another thought, probably way out there, but have you checked that Reason is authorised on your computer? (Go to Reason/Your Products from the Reason menu)
Cheers for the suggestion, will give it a go =)

zumBeispiel

09 Aug 2020

Lost Dog is right, there must be a problem.
Same behaviour here, both with MAC and Win10.
It seems not possible to choose an other template song (.rsndemo) from the template folder in the preferences.
Anyhow it's OK to choose a normal Reason song (.rsn)
Reason 11.3.2d2

@Lost Dog
As a workaround, try to write the song's name into the browser.
Or try to load the template you like and save it as a normal song (.rsn instead of .rsndemo) and then choose it.

Lost Dog

09 Aug 2020

zumBeispiel wrote:
09 Aug 2020
Lost Dog is right, there must be a problem.
Same behaviour here, both with MAC and Win10.
It seems not possible to choose an other template song (.rsndemo) from the template folder in the preferences.
Anyhow it's OK to choose a normal Reason song (.rsn)
Reason 11.3.2d2

@Lost Dog
As a workaround, try to write the song's name into the browser.
Or try to load the template you like and save it as a normal song (.rsn instead of .rsndemo) and then choose it.
Hi zumBeispiel
Thanks for trying to solve this issue too and replying on this thread, was running out of ideas.
Yes, I will have to open up the templates as songs until a fix has been made, which is no big issue at this point, but will submit a ticket also to hopefully get this resolved.
Thanks again

Lost Dog

09 Aug 2020

It appears that there is no-longer a ticket system to report this issue, any suggestions welcomed.

Lost Dog

10 Aug 2020

Hello beautiful people, I have made a breakthrough, when I hover over the template names and double click, if I then use "quick look" to view the file, when I close the file I then get the option to open it, and then it does in fact save to the template in the default song in preferences, yay!!!
Thanks again for all your input people. =)

LudvigC
Reason Studios

10 Aug 2020

Lost Dog wrote:
10 Aug 2020
Hello beautiful people, I have made a breakthrough, when I hover over the template names and double click, if I then use "quick look" to view the file, when I close the file I then get the option to open it, and then it does in fact save to the template in the default song in preferences, yay!!!
Thanks again for all your input people. =)
Hi,

this is a confirmed bug in the latest Reason update - we're working on a fix. Great that you found this workaround; another way to get around this would be to

1. Make a copy of the .rsndemo file you want to use as default template.
2. Rename its extension to .reason
3. Use the Preferences dialog to select the new file.

Sorry about this!

/ Ludvig Carlson (Reason Studios)

zumBeispiel

10 Aug 2020

Hi Ludvig,
thank you for reading us!

Lost Dog

10 Aug 2020

Hi Ludvig

Yes, thank you from me also, very good of you to reply and offer help.

Kind regards
Vincent

• Information