rsTouch & rsRemote are now "legacy apps" and no longer available for purchase

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Delora Software

06 Aug 2020

Today (August 6 2020) we decided to end sales of all of our iOS apps. rsTouch and rsRemote are now considered "legacy" and are no longer actively developed.

We began our iOS adventure a decade ago with a control surface app for the Kyma sound design workstation, and followed that with apps for GarageBand, Logic Pro, and Reason. It has been an interesting ride but it is time that we move onto the next phase of our lives. This was a very difficult decision but one we felt was necessary for business reasons, and to restore our work-life balance.

If you purchased rsTouch or rsRemote you can still download them from Apple's iOS App Store. Details on how to do that, and about downloading the Reason codec files, are at the end of this post. rsTouch and rsRemote will remain available for download from Apple’s iOS App Store through May 31, 2021 provided Apple’s iOS App Store policies allow these downloads to continue. We will try to keep the download links for the rsTouch and rsRemote codec installers on the Delora Software website active also through May, 2021.

Please carefully consider the risks of upgrading your iDevice to major releases of iOS newer that iOS 13!

I will continue to answer technical support emails for both products for at least the next few months, but if you think your question may also help another user please consider posting the question on this forum. That way we can increase shared knowledge.

I would also like to remind users about rsTouch's "generic support". This has been discussed in other threads but briefly it is a way you can add new device support to rsTouch's Device map file. It is a decently flexible system that is at least on par with what is available with most MIDI control surfaces. If anyone is motivated to dive into this send me a PM and we can discuss further. If enough members are interested in DIY rsTouch map files then maybe a dedicated thread makes sense.

We really appreciate all of the warm, ethusiastic support we have received from the Reason community. Reason has a special place in my heart and I intend to continue to be active in this community.

Final version details

rsTouch final version 2.9.7; iOS 9.3 - iOS 13.x; Download latest rsTouch codec installer
rsRemote final version 1.1.2; iOS 9.3 - iOS 13.x; Download latest rsRemote codec installer

How to re-download rsTouch or rsRemote from Apple's iOS App Store

If you purchased rsTouch or rsRemote from any Apple regional iOS App Store you can download it by doing the following. Open up the App Store app on your iDevice and tap the account icon that is in the upper right corner. This shows your App Store account. Look for the item “Purchased” and tap it. The display now shows all the apps that you have purchased. Scroll through the list to locate the app. Tap the download icon at the right (looks like a cloud with an arrow) and the app will be loaded on your iDevice.

NOTE: If the download icon is dimmed/grayed out, that means that there is no version of the app that supports this iDevice, or the iDevice is running a version of iOS that is not supported by the last, or any previous versions of the app.

Apple’s iOS App Store app makes this procedure currently possible, though Apple could change this at any time.

If for some reason you have not updated to the last available versions you can use a variation of the above method to force an update. The version available for download will be the last version compatible with your iDevice and the version of iOS it is running. We recommend that you back up your device before following these steps.

1. First locate the app in your purchases, just to make sure it is available. Do not continue if you cannot find it.

2. Go to your device’s Home Screen, locate the app icon, then delete the app.

3. Open the App Store app again and repeat step #1 to locate the app in your list of purchases. Tap the download icon at the right (looks like a cloud with an arrow) and the app will be loaded on your iDevice.
Last edited by Delora Software on 11 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software
Developer of rsTouch Pro for Reason, and rsRemote for Reason

Purpan

06 Aug 2020

I’m sorry to hear that (for purely selfish reasons as your app is so good!) but thanks for all your efforts and help and good luck with your future projects.

toddbooster

06 Aug 2020

Well, that is really too bad, but nothing lasts forever I guess. Thanks for creating this and maintaining it for as long as you did, it really is something Reason needs as part of its ecosystem.

chimp_spanner

06 Aug 2020

joeyluck wrote:
06 Aug 2020
Sell it to Reason Studios?
Tbh I’ve long thought this would be a great move. It works (great) and would be a great selling point for the DAW to have official iOS integration/control. We can dream!

benjified

06 Aug 2020

Thank Delora Software for your great app! It's too bad you can no longer maintain it, but I understand your point of view. Here's hoping you can sell the code to another developer or release it to the community (if possible). Reason Studios would be a logical choice but considering that they have done nothing with all or their iOS apps it would be akin to asking RsTouch to never be updated again.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2020

I really like the concept of this app, never bought it because it wasn't on android. As a control freak and fellow programmer, I feel sad to see Delora's demise.

Good luck on your new endeavors.

EnochLight

07 Aug 2020

Delora Software wrote:
06 Aug 2020
Today (August 6 2020) we decided to end sales of all of our iOS apps. rsTouch and rsRemote are now considered "legacy" and are no longer actively developed.
Well shit - that sucks. And I literally just bought rsTouch (again) for my iPad, just 2 days ago! I had to buy it again because I lost the credentials for my old store identity. :o Oh well, thanks for the ride. It was a great app and I'm truly sad to see it go. Good luck with whatever you do.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Jackjackdaw

07 Aug 2020

EnochLight wrote:
07 Aug 2020
Delora Software wrote:
06 Aug 2020
Well shit - that sucks. And I literally just bought rsTouch (again) for my iPad, just 2 days ago! I had to buy it again because I lost the credentials for my old store identity. :o Oh well, thanks for the ride. It was a great app and I'm truly sad to see it go. Good luck with whatever you do.
Request a refund from the apple store. You get your money back but don't have to uninstall the app it just won't install any updates, but there will be no updates so as long as you don't uninstall you will be fine!

Aquila

08 Aug 2020

This saddens me but at the end of the day I have to respect Delora's decision. I loved using rsTouch, in fact it was an integral part in the mixdown of Savlonic's third album. Nothing could beat walking around the studio and controlling mix levels remotely.

Thank you Delora for an incredible app. I do sincerely hope Reason Studios eventually decide to pick up where you left off.

ljekio

08 Aug 2020

Sad news.
I secretly hoped that suddenly one day RsTouch would become available to all countries again, but I was wrong. Sell to RS idea looks great (or maybe Retouch Control can raise the fallen flag?)

Aquila

10 Aug 2020

another option would be to make the software open source?

mcatalao
Competition Winner

11 Aug 2020

Aquila wrote:
10 Aug 2020
another option would be to make the software open source?
The problem with that is porting the thing to anything else first because almost nothing can be open source on ios.

Maybe porting it to Android first, then release it as open source.

OTOH, considering how mature is the product, Reason Studios could do something about it...

Jackjackdaw

11 Aug 2020

RS has a bad track record with ios. I don't think getting involved with this would lead anywhere good. They need to poop or get off the pot with Reason Compact.

npinero1

11 Aug 2020

It is too bad. I use it with my ELGATO Stream deck.
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

Jackjackdaw

12 Aug 2020

I just re installed RS touch just in case it gets taken down at some point. It really is a well made app. Would be a shame to mothball it. Surely it could be passed on to a willing dev to continue?

sequence

13 Aug 2020

I have tried a gazillion hardware and software controllers, and this is one of the best. It just reliably work, and you are able to control almost everything. I use it while tracking from a booth all the time. And I love laying down on my chair and try different mixes and so on. So yeah, it is sad to see it end :( Try to sell it to ReasonStudios, please !!! they need a boost, and this might help them!

Sargie

13 Aug 2020

That’s a real shame. Thanks for all the good work!

• Information