IDAM, Reason 11 and Balance

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kinkujin

06 Aug 2020

Hi fine folk. Anyone using IDAM with Mac and set it up with Reason? I’m successful only to a point - I get no audio. I am seeing midi activity in the midi device rack, I can see activity on indicators in the iOS synth I’ve loaded but alas I get no audio through Balance (monitoring with headphones).

Would be appreciative of any thoughts. Thanks!

loopeydoug

06 Aug 2020

I'm not sure if this applies to your setup(Mac/OS?), but I know Props abandoned support for Balance some time ago. I'm on Windows 10(current OS) and I've gotten it running with the last drivers they built. However, I can't run audio from 2 internal sources at once. And, from what I hear, I'm one of the lucky ones. Many folks with newer machines/OSes have dealt with far worse incompatibility issues that required tossing their Balance outright.

kinkujin

06 Aug 2020

Thank you loopeydoug. I hadn’t thought that the Balance may be an issue. Maybe I’ll try another interface.

MannequinRaces

06 Aug 2020

This one has served me well for getting audio from my iOS devices into Reason. https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/ ... tmidi2plus

kinkujin

06 Aug 2020

I got it! Turns out I didn’t have monitoring turned on in the rack.

Haven’t tried using external and internal synths at the same time yet.

Thanks for the suggestions you all.

• Information