Notation English (Scientific) or German (Helmholtz)?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
aminionarris

29 Jul 2020

Hi Guys,

actually i work on the kick tuning thematic. Now i have a problem. English (Scientific) and german (Helmholtz) Frequency Notations are different.
Google cant give me the answer. Do anyone knows which Notation Reason is using?

I found this Frequency List https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_key_frequencies.

Greetings
Martin

PhillipOrdonez

29 Jul 2020

This is new to me, but could you figure it out with the use of a frequency analyser?

aminionarris

29 Jul 2020

A frindly guitarist helped me, Reason use the english (scientific) notation. He figured out cause of the note presentation in note-lines. C2 or B5 are typicly for englisch, in german it would be c,, or ,,c (this litle lines ^^).
So Thread can be closed :).

Thank You
Greetings
Martin

selig
RE Developer

29 Jul 2020

aminionarris wrote:
29 Jul 2020
Hi Guys,

actually i work on the kick tuning thematic. Now i have a problem. English (Scientific) and german (Helmholtz) Frequency Notations are different.
Google cant give me the answer. Do anyone knows which Notation Reason is using?

I found this Frequency List https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_key_frequencies.

Greetings
Martin
BTW, I have this wiki page bookmarked for years, and it was part of the inspiration for making ColoringEQ pitch based instead of only frequency based. EQ-ing by semitone and octave makes way more sense to me, but maybe that's because I was into synths before engineering and was always able to get a filter to track semitones - so that relationship always made more sense to me than frequencies alone!
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information