20 years of using Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ltbrunt00

03 Aug 2020

I have been using reason since 1.0. It was a pirated copy, a friend of mine gave me a CD data disk and said check this out. I had no idea what it was, I had just got a brand new Korg Triton, used Drum machine and a new Ernie ball guitar luke model. He explained that this software will replace all those synths that I was buying at the time. I was like whatever, I was looking to buy a digital mixer at the time. I had the CD for a few months. Then before tossing the disk out that contained reason 1.0 decided to load it up. That first night I played with Reason 1.0 for ten hours straight. Every night after work would spend five to ten hours playing with it. I would call off dates with my girlfriend at the time just to sit at home playing with reason. Within a 6 months I was using my Triton as a midi controller for Reason. Then Purchased every version of reason since 2.0 on. Brought all of the Propellerhead Refill packs, Purchased Reason Record and famously paid 1 dollar for reason 6. Even though I Know the software was worth 127 dollars more than one dollar they said pay what you want. Upgraded to Reason 11 Suite a few months ago and have spent thousands on Rack extensions. I do use Studio one, Cubase and dabble with Bitwig but if reason were to gain many of the features of the other DAW software I would solely use Reason. Mainly I want to music to Video syncing functions and notation editor. Those two things would right off kill Studio 1 for me.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

wowhow
Competition Winner

04 Aug 2020

10 years in of using reason and I still love it! Heck, I love it more and more every day.
I too use reason at least a couple hrs a day - and even on the rare days I don't, I'm still thinking
about reason and what I can try out with all the devices and effects lol

Faastwalker

05 Aug 2020

Wow! That's flown by. I still remember visiting Digital Village to buy Reason 2.0 when it launched. Doesn't seem that long ago! :shock:

Heigen5

05 Aug 2020

I got my hands on Reason 2.0 in the 2002. So my 20th would be in 2022.
18 years with Reason has been amazing - totally love Reason and it's architecture.
300 and more tunes tells that, it is a great DAW to get stuff finished. Gotta love how the Props changed their mind about audio in, midi out and vst-support.

• Information