Record into Reason from Juno DS-88 over USB?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
CaveTechDiver

24 Jul 2020

Hi guys,

I am attempting to record the audio and midi data simultaneously from my Juno into reason. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. The Juno Windows 10 drivers are working perfectly, the keyboard is talking with the PC with no issues. I even see settings for the Juno DS in the Audio card drivers section of the preferences in reason. I have available: ASIO Juno DS, DX OUT (Juno DS), and MME OUT (Juno DS). Currently, I have "ASIO Focusrite USB ASIO" selected as my audio card driver.

Do I have to change my audio drivers in order to record the Juno over USB? I cannot find any correct information online or on youtube.

Thank you for the help.

Mike

Philup

24 Jul 2020

I don't have that device but I know that, Reason can only connect to one ASIO driver at a time in Windows.
Options:

1. Switch to the Juno Audio driver when you want to record it
2. Run an audio cable from the Keyboard Audio out to an input on the Focusrite sound card.
3. Muck around with 3rd part virtual ASIO cables like ASIO 4 All or Voicemeeter to try to pick up audio from both devices - This option may provide diminishing returns with latency issues.

DaveyG

25 Jul 2020

Philup nailed your options.
Go for option number 2.

Billy+

25 Jul 2020

I use my iPad running the M1 app setup to receive midi via the midi out device and record the input using this cable,

Seems to work fine,

• Information