How would I go about fixing this dumb thing I did?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
prophecy

22 Jul 2020

I recorded a great take, right over the top of a not so great take.

That's fine, I thought it would remove the first take and just leave the second, but no, it kept both of them. If I wanted to separate the two takes is there a way to do that? Remove one lot of notes from on top of another lot of notes? If they were a pile of playing cards, I just wanted to move the top playing card on to a new note track and then delete the old 'underneath card' note track.

In the end I deleted the mess and recorded a third not quite as great take.

But, you know, for future me, would there be a way to salvage the take I was really happy with?
Reason 10 Lite | Surface Pro 3 i5 | Akai MPK Mini II | Yamaha Clavinova CVP5 | Fingers | Ears |

Dante

22 Jul 2020

You're talkin bout MIDI right ? Did you try Undo the top take. Or, to begin with, create a separate note lane for new takes. Theres probably an inbuilt way - there is for audio (to do with 'comping' multiple takes)

Boombastix
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2020

Nope... Just make a copy of the clip and delete manually so you get two separate clips.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

prophecy

23 Jul 2020

Dante wrote:
22 Jul 2020
Theres probably an inbuilt way - there is for audio (to do with 'comping' multiple takes)
I think there is a way to do this, if you click a button in advance, which I didn't do.
Boombastix wrote:
22 Jul 2020
Nope... Just make a copy of the clip and delete manually so you get two separate clips.
Unfortunately many of the midi notes I wanted to delete were hidden under notes I didn't want to delete. That'll teach me for not checking which track was recording.
Reason 10 Lite | Surface Pro 3 i5 | Akai MPK Mini II | Yamaha Clavinova CVP5 | Fingers | Ears |

• Information