Activation problem

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
melanykozey

21 Jul 2020

Hi everyone,

I purchased Reason 10 in 2018, but then immediately ran into issues due to the High Sierra problem. I gave up using it for a while, but would periodically check in to see if it was functional again.

I gave up after a while, but then I recently started using it again for Torpedo Wall of Sound, as I built a load box for my amp. Kept it all updated, no issues, but I wasn't doing any recording or anything.

Yesterday, I had a go at recording a track. Absolutely no issues. Worked fine, I saved it, carried on working with it, ended up with 8 audio tracks. Again, no issues. Exported it as an audio file too. Fine.download auto clicker for roblox

Today, I opened it up, and now it would only open in demo mode. I can still make changes and save them, though - I just can't export. In addition, it was absolutely destroying my computer now, and I kept getting disk overload warnings. I ended up force-quitting reason, but my computer performance was still affected. I had to restart to get back to normal.

I re-installed reason, deauthorised and reauthorised my computer using authoriser, and updated code meter and made sure the license was on that too. All to no avail.

I'm running Catalina 10.15.4, and Reason 10.4.1. It seems to work completely fine when I just open it and start using it, but if I open an existing song it switches to demo mode and starts destroying my computer. This is the same whether I'm using my focusrite or my built in audio. My computer is a little old (MPB 2012, non-retina) but it has 10gb ram and 500gb Samsung Evo SSD, that's only about half full. It also functions absolutely fine when I'm in a new file (whether I've saved it or not) and I seem to be able to have as many devices or channels open as I like.

I'm really disappointed. Although it's been a while since my purchase, I have barely been able to use it. Reason 4 was my first DAW, and I like using it, but I really, really wish I'd spent my money on something else as it's completely put me off writing music over the past few years, and I miss it. But I can't afford to purchase anything else right now.

I would really appreciate any help or advice. If I could even just get the audio I recorded out of reason, at least that would be something. But I can't bounce while its in demo mode, and I right clicking on each clip and selecting bounce to disk freezes it up.

• Information