Authorizer: "File or Directory Locked"

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
manisnotabird

19 Jul 2020

Was trying to update my Rack Extensions, and clicked "Sync All" on the My Products: Rack Extensions part of the website, it opened the Authorizer App, and give me the error message: "File or Directory Locked: That File or Directory is Locked". Never seen this before, and definitely haven't locked anything on my computer. OSX 10.15.5.

madmacman

19 Jul 2020

Had something similar a few days ago. Ended up deleting the entire folder and doing a full re-sync. No more issues since then. Fingers crossed.

manisnotabird

19 Jul 2020

Hm, I tried a few things trying to change the permissions or unlock the folder, none of them worked, but then I restarted my computer and then it worked.

Nerveclinic

19 Jul 2020

madmacman wrote:
19 Jul 2020
Had something similar a few days ago. Ended up deleting the entire folder and doing a full re-sync. No more issues since then. Fingers crossed.
Do you have a Mac? If so where can I find the files?

madmacman

20 Jul 2020

Nerveclinic wrote:
19 Jul 2020
madmacman wrote:
19 Jul 2020
Yes, I have a Mac with Catalina.

In the Finder, open "Go To" menu, then hold "Option" key to see the (hidden) "Library" entry in the menu.

The full path is:

<user> --> Library --> Application Support --> Propellerhead Software --> RackExtensions

You can safely move or delete the "RackExtensions" folder. With next Sync All call it will be recreated.

EDIT: Also see the handy sticky topic in this forum viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7514631

Nerveclinic

21 Jul 2020

madmacman wrote:
20 Jul 2020
Nerveclinic wrote:
19 Jul 2020

Yes, I have a Mac with Catalina.

In the Finder, open "Go To" menu, then hold "Option" key to see the (hidden) "Library" entry in the menu.

The full path is:

<user> --> Library --> Application Support --> Propellerhead Software --> RackExtensions

You can safely move or delete the "RackExtensions" folder. With next Sync All call it will be recreated.

EDIT: Also see the handy sticky topic in this forum viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7514631
Thank you.

• Information