Compatible Keyboard suggestions please! (tight budget)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
fredphoesh

16 Jul 2020

Hello peeps,
I have just bought an Arturia Keylab 88, about £300. It is very pretty, but I'm having major problems getting it to work reliably and with Midi controls and Transport controls functioning... so I am returning it :((

Do any of you have a 61 or preferably 88 key keyboard that costs about £300 and which works with Reason (controlling midi parameters, transport etc?

Thanks!
Mark.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2020

Nektar Panorama T6
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

deeplink
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2020

Nektar series works pretty well. I got the IMPACT LX series and it everything works amazingly with Reason, including popular rack extensions. It may be under your budget though (im not form the UK) so perhaps the Panaroma series would be better? Otherwise I have a good experience with the Novation SL range, however at the time they didn't function well with rack extensions.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

fredphoesh

16 Jul 2020

deeplink wrote:
16 Jul 2020
Nektar series works pretty well. I got the IMPACT LX series and it everything works amazingly with Reason, including popular rack extensions. It may be under your budget though (im not form the UK) so perhaps the Panaroma series would be better? Otherwise I have a good experience with the Novation SL range, however at the time they didn't function well with rack extensions.
MrFigg wrote:
16 Jul 2020
Nektar Panorama T6

Thanks guys.
So do these keyboards have sliders that can control rack instrument parameters, LFO etc..? Can they also do transport control?

Cheers,
Mark.

BedsitAudio

16 Jul 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
16 Jul 2020

Thanks guys.
So do these keyboards have sliders that can control rack instrument parameters, LFO etc..? Can they also do transport control?

Cheers,
Mark.
I'd suggest to google suggestions you get to learn more about them! But I'll tell you that Nektar has the deepest Reason integration of any manufacturer.

fredphoesh

16 Jul 2020

BedsitAudio wrote:
16 Jul 2020
I'd suggest to google suggestions you get to learn more about them! But I'll tell you that Nektar has the deepest Reason integration of any manufacturer.
Google search doesn't do much for letting you know if keyboards are reason compatible, even less so letting you know to what degree they are compatible/integrated... that is why I am here asking! I came across a youtube video, this chap talking about Nektar and how good the integration is... so I reckon that's what it's gonna have to be, thanks for confirming.

BedsitAudio

16 Jul 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
16 Jul 2020
BedsitAudio wrote:
16 Jul 2020
Google search doesn't do much for letting you know if keyboards are reason compatible, even less so letting you know to what degree they are compatible/integrated... that is why I am here asking! I came across a youtube video, this chap talking about Nektar and how good the integration is... so I reckon that's what it's gonna have to be, thanks for confirming.
Oh, I don't agree. I think most keyboard manufacturers aren't shy about explaining the virtues and abilities of their products, including their respective DAW integration. That was Nektar's USP in the beginning. It requires some deep reading, sure, but that's the case with any research involved in an informed purchase.

That said, I'm sure you'll be satisfied with your Nektar product! (No, I'm not affiliated, I'm just a fan)

• Information