R11.3.2 is out

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2020

Looks like it's wise to wait a bit before updating. Let them sort out the bugs first. Besides I don't think there's anything in this point update that will make any difference for me.
I remember some serious bugs when the R11 upgrade came out. I upgraded to the Suite version right away and the program was basically broken. The bugs were so serious that I wasn't able to make music with it. Sometimes I couldn't even get Reason to start. Of course they sorted these problems out fairly quickly, but I don't want to make that mistake again. I'll wait a couple of weeks whenever a new update/upgrade comes from now on.

stratatonic

19 Jul 2020

DaveyG wrote:
19 Jul 2020
deeplink wrote:
19 Jul 2020
the go-to hip hop production system.
I don't think Reason is really the "go to" system for anything. It's a niche product but maybe the Rack plugin will change that.
Hip Hop producers are mostly using FL Studio and/or Ableton Live.
Wonder if they'll use Redrum in Reason plugin in Live or FL.
deeplink wrote:
19 Jul 2020
Also noticed that the Default patch for Redrum now loads as HipHop kit 3.
Please guys, change the Default patch in Thor from Epic Poly to...ANYTHING but Epic Poly: simply a dreadful patch. :thumbs_down:

joeyluck

19 Jul 2020

DaveyG wrote:
19 Jul 2020
Loque wrote:
19 Jul 2020

Sorry, the connection "Reason = HipHop Only" is just in your brain...
Not my brain. Scroll up and read the words of others instead of just being a dick. :roll:
Please refrain from the insults please.

jlgrimes

19 Jul 2020

stratatonic wrote:
19 Jul 2020

Wonder if they'll use Redrum in Reason plugin in Live or FL
Reason kind have fallen behind here.

Redrum is nice but with alot of functions in Ableton/FL/Studio One makes it harder to want to use external programs for drums.

Drum Racks
FL Channel View/Piano Roll
Studio One Impact

They all kind of have decent/great tools for Drum programming even to the point they all have dedicated hardware controllers now.

That said Reasons Drum Sequencer RE is pretty unique (Studio One pattern mode is pretty similar though) and Reasons UUMPF Modules are pretty nice as they give a unique vibe for composing with the integrated effects but if Reason 12 focus on a revamped GUI I would hope newer samplers, improved step sequencing GUI could turn some heads.

stratatonic

19 Jul 2020

jlgrimes wrote:
19 Jul 2020
stratatonic wrote:
19 Jul 2020

Wonder if they'll use Redrum in Reason plugin in Live or FL
Reason kind have fallen behind here.

Redrum is nice but with alot of functions in Ableton/FL/Studio One makes it harder to want to use external programs for drums.

Drum Racks
FL Channel View/Piano Roll
Studio One Impact

They all kind of have decent/great tools for Drum programming even to the point they all have dedicated hardware controllers now.

That said Reasons Drum Sequencer RE is pretty unique (Studio One pattern mode is pretty similar though) and Reasons UUMPF Modules are pretty nice as they give a unique vibe for composing with the integrated effects but if Reason 12 focus on a revamped GUI I would hope newer samplers, improved step sequencing GUI could turn some heads.
Yeah, but but the Redrum Is A Classic. Dead simple to use. Good results. And it's free, in R11Lite.
However, the Drum Sequencer was also a freebie if you owned the free Reason 10 Lite as well. Both good intros to Reason.
re: your revamped R12 DAW... at this point, do you think it matters to ReasonStudios whether new customers buy into Reason for the DAW? Or for the plugin to use in Live or FL or whatever. The end result is still a purchase and eventual upgrades and potential RE buys, imo.

MFW

22 Jul 2020

Tried a few hours ago to post that R11.3.2d2 is out. The "More Info" button only points to the R11.3 release news, so no idea what's in this update.
I'm wary of downloading it after the R11.3.2 issues.
I expected better, but it's just PUF rebranded. Cya.

• Information