Question about joining clips in R11 with fades

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Arjanders

05 Jul 2020

In Reason 10:
When joining two audio tracks with fades, the fades aren't taken in consideration.

Example:
Result:

Is this resolved in Reason 11 (because of the cross fades)?

jam-s

05 Jul 2020

If you bounce the clip into a new clip first, then the fade in/out will be part of the audio and then the join will not change the sound.

Arjanders

06 Jul 2020

jam-s wrote:
05 Jul 2020
If you bounce the clip into a new clip first, then the fade in/out will be part of the audio and then the join will not change the sound.
This is a way to avoid this behaviour, but I would love to skip the part of waiting for the bounce, remove the old muted clips, dragging the new clips to the right position, remove the new made audio track.

Can anyone inform me if the joining clips with fades is improved in R11?

selig
RE Developer

12 Jul 2020

Arjanders wrote:
06 Jul 2020
jam-s wrote:
05 Jul 2020
This is a way to avoid this behaviour, but I would love to skip the part of waiting for the bounce, remove the old muted clips, dragging the new clips to the right position, remove the new made audio track.

Can anyone inform me if the joining clips with fades is improved in R11?
It really can't be changed - you would need to add a feature to allow fades in the MIDDLE of the clip, which is not currently possible. If that's what you need, maybe fader automation is a better solution? That way you would not be totally committed to the fades by writing them into the audio files.
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information