Weird Reason Chord behaviour

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
graeme75

03 Jul 2020

Hi all can anyone help with this please? Firstly I tried to attach a screenshot to make it easier to explain but kept getting http error

I have noticed 2 issues when working with chords in the sequencer
I have a block of chords C/G/Em/Em7. They are in the sequencer and each chord is 1 bar long.

1)When I play from the beginning the 1st chord never plays. I've checked the MIDI and they are starting at the correct place. However if you loop the 4 bars it will play everytime apart from the 1st time? If I put in some blank space prior to the 1st chord , again it will play with no problems.

2) If I join all the clips together (ctrl-J) when it plays back between Em and Em7 all that is heard is the extra note .The 3 identical notes in Em and Em7 are each 1 bar long not 2 bars, so I thought they would be triggered at the start of Em7

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Cheers
Graeme

Billy+

04 Jul 2020

graeme75 wrote:
03 Jul 2020
Hi all can anyone help with this please? Firstly I tried to attach a screenshot to make it easier to explain but kept getting http error

I have a block of chords C/G/Em/Em7. They are in the sequencer and each chord is 1 bar long.

1)When I play from the beginning the 1st chord never plays. I've checked the MIDI and they are starting at the correct place. However if you loop the 4 bars it will play everytime apart from the 1st time? If I put in some blank space prior to the 1st chord , again it will play with no problems.

2) If I join all the clips together (ctrl-J) when it plays back between Em and Em7 all that is heard is the extra note .The 3 identical notes in Em and Em7 are each 1 bar long not 2 bars, so I thought they would be triggered at the start of Em7

Cheers
Graeme
This is fairly standard behaviour in all fairness if you're using the chords & scales device. The simple solution if to shorten the note you're feeding it or increase the loop markers, I personally shorten the note start & end then correct them after I bounce the midi to a track.

Hope this helps.

Creativemind

04 Jul 2020

Billy wrote:
04 Jul 2020
graeme75 wrote:
03 Jul 2020

Cheers
Graeme
This is fairly standard behaviour in all fairness if you're using the chords & scales device. The simple solution if to shorten the note you're feeding it or increase the loop markers, I personally shorten the note start & end then correct them after I bounce the midi to a track.

Hope this helps.
They never said Scales & Chords unless I missed something.

I've had a similar issue before with the first note of a loop not triggering. I will attach a video I put on You Tube at the time. Just double check by doing ctrl A (select all within the clip) and quantizing on a 1/16th to be sure you are definitely snapped to the grid correctly.

I can't remember how the issue was resolved. I think it's a bug and I may have just deleted the note and re-added it or something like that and it resolved itself.

EDIT - Just took ages to find but found my thread on it:-

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7503900&p=360343&si ... 7c#p360343
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information