Will there not be a Reason 12? Time for subscription?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
antic604

01 Jul 2020

Chi-Individual wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Reason Rack plug-in is now free on Plugin Boutique with a purchase. It looks like Reason Lite but it's still a free intro to the platform. https://www.pluginboutique.com/articles/1613
Looks like they're trying to make moves to get more people on board.
There's no Reason DAW in it as far as I can see, so it's not Intro - it's a separate product :)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Chi-Individual

01 Jul 2020

antic604 wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Chi-Individual wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Reason Rack plug-in is now free on Plugin Boutique with a purchase. It looks like Reason Lite but it's still a free intro to the platform. https://www.pluginboutique.com/articles/1613
There's no Reason DAW in it as far as I can see, so it's not Intro - it's a separate product :)
Yea. I went back to look at it again and I think you're right. Just a plug-in. But it also has the same limited features as RLite so I don't know. Now I just sit back and wait to see if I need to change DAWs or not.
Last edited by Chi-Individual on 01 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.

NDKay

01 Jul 2020

Chi-Individual wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Thats kind of ironic

They are using PluginBoutique to become a Plugin Boutique themself for Rack Extensions ! :lol:
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

Chi-Individual

01 Jul 2020

NDKay wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Chi-Individual wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Thats kind of ironic

They are using PluginBoutique to become a Plugin Boutique themself for Rack Extensions ! :lol:
Isn't it said that imitation is the highest form of flattery!?!?!

NDKay

01 Jul 2020

Chi-Individual wrote:
01 Jul 2020
NDKay wrote:
01 Jul 2020

Thats kind of ironic

Isn't it said that imitation is the highest form of flattery!?!?!
Yeah.... like inovation is still innovation ( although it is not "complete" ) :lol:

NDKay

01 Jul 2020

NDKay wrote:
01 Jul 2020
blablabla....
1.Reason is a well known daw ( recently more a VST!? ;-)), ..........blablabla
Damn, i´ve been near the "truth" without knowing of the new (and even free) Reason Rack Plugin VST ! :lol:

should i change the "recently" to a "now" ? :lol:

Chi-Individual

01 Jul 2020

NDKay wrote:
01 Jul 2020
NDKay wrote:
01 Jul 2020
blablabla....
1.Reason is a well known daw ( recently more a VST!? ;-)), ..........blablabla
Damn, i´ve been near the "truth" without knowing of the new (and even free) Reason Rack Plugin VST ! :lol:

should i change the "recently" to a "now" ? :lol:
I still think it's R Lite. I searched the site and there's nothing that leads toward a plug in only version. Also, I don't see RS missing the opportunity to advertise a plug-in only version on the site. It has the same rack modules and features and R Lite so I think they worded it as a plug in on purpose since it's on Plugin Boutique . So they're really pushing that format. But they made sure to mention it's still compatible with Rack Extensions :lol:

PhillipOrdonez

01 Jul 2020

Awesome that they are giving away the rack plugin!!! Redrum and, monotone, subtractor and scream for free??? Wow, I hope lots of people jump on it.

joeyluck

01 Jul 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Awesome that they are giving away the rack plugin!!! Redrum and, monotone, subtractor and scream for free??? Wow, I hope lots of people jump on it.
Yeah it's definitely one of the more attractive offers I've seen on Plugin Boutique recently. It should be very popular.

joeyluck

01 Jul 2020

antic604 wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Chi-Individual wrote:
01 Jul 2020
The video specifies Reason Lite. But makes more sense to promote the plugin aspect of it in the shop.

Kilsane

01 Jul 2020

Do you know if this version takes into account the addition of RE ?

VIVIsect

01 Jul 2020

Kilsane wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Do you know if this version takes into account the addition of RE ?
It says "Full support for Rack Extensions" in the product description.

hurricane
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2020

This is great because I am one of those who never upgraded to R11 - but with this free lite version of the rack I can load all my Rack Extensions. Lite doesn't come with Thor, Europa, Grain, and some of the other factory effects and the new R11 devices, but I never/would never use those anyway. I'm still waiting for a more substantial update to the Reason DAW, but this will keep me satisfied till R12 or 13 (if they even come). Pretty sweet for a $3 plugin boutique purchase.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

diminished
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2020

hurricane wrote:
01 Jul 2020
This is great because I am one of those who never upgraded to R11 - but with this free lite version of the rack I can load all my Rack Extensions. Lite doesn't come with Thor, Europa, Grain, and some of the other factory effects and the new R11 devices, but I never/would never use those anyway. I'm still waiting for a more substantial update to the Reason DAW, but this will keep me satisfied till R12 or 13 (if they even come). Pretty sweet for a $3 plugin boutique purchase.
Thor and Europa are usually part of Lite - I saw Thor in one of the screenshots as well. I wonder of they removed it?

Anyways: Cubase, here I come.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

robotgard

01 Jul 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

diminished
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2020

It seems like both Thor and Europa have been removed from RRP Lite, interesting.

Yet PB still advertises with an image of Thor:

thorincluded.PNG
thorincluded.PNG (388.27 KiB) Viewed 3519 times
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Rackman

01 Jul 2020

So what's the cheapest thing you can buy from Plugin Boutique?

diminished
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2020

robotgard wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Its update version 11 Lite version 11.2.1 to version 11.3.1.

Added rack plugin. But removed many built-in tools.
You can see how the file size has decreased.
Let me get this straight - they removed all those REs in a jump from 11.2 to 11.3? What if you own a Lite version from before? Or even R10 Full with all the REs?

robotgard

01 Jul 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

nbot

01 Jul 2020

Just bought anything from PB to "unlock" my REs I bought ages ago. Using Reason in other DAW and it's actually pretty good deal for something like 2£ to get some of the basic instruments/effects from Props :-)
I always had nostalgia for this ugly low-res rack GUI :)

Rackman

01 Jul 2020

nbot wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Just bought anything from PB to "unlock" my REs I bought ages ago. Using Reason in other DAW and it's actually pretty good deal for something like 2£ to get some of the basic instruments/effects from Props :-)
Just be careful you don't cut yourself on the pixels.

diminished
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2020

Yeah I won't complain for the price either and hopefully it will open some nice crossgrade options later on, but Reason 10 Lite (up until Reason 11.2 Lite) was actually super powerful and I'm more than sad to see that product gone - with it I converted at least 3 people to Reason users.

I just wish I could use the stock Propellerhead/RS Rack Extensions I own in Reason 10 in the RRP Lite. At least the ones that came with Lite until 11.2.

hurricane
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2020

robotgard wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Or use the version of 10 full, if the you have.
Or buy 11 Intro / Full / Suite...
11 Lite is no longer interesting.
You can install 11.3 lite first to get the rack plugin, albeit without Thor, Europa, etc. You can also then install 11.2.1 over it if you want to use Lite standalone with Thor and Europa and all the devices removed from 11.3.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

nbot

01 Jul 2020

Rackman wrote:
01 Jul 2020
nbot wrote:
01 Jul 2020
Just be careful you don't cut yourself on the pixels.
:puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile:

Chi-Individual

01 Jul 2020

robotgard wrote:
01 Jul 2020
diminished wrote:
01 Jul 2020

Let me get this straight - they removed all those REs in a jump from 11.2 to 11.3? What if you own a Lite version from before? Or even R10 Full with all the REs?
Yes, it removed in version 11.3.1.
But you can continue to use version 11.2.1, where those devices are left.

Or use the version of 10 full, if the you have.
Or buy 11 Intro / Full / Suite...
11 Lite is no longer interesting.
I think once R Intro was introduced Lite just became a shell to give away. I would think if you owned Lite before the change you should get a free upgrade to intro to keep Thor and all the other units. Might be worth sending a message to them just to see what they might say.

• Information