Elektron Digitakt + Reason 11...midi problem

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
edad2ooo

30 Jun 2020

Hello,

I have a problem with my new Digitakt which I purchased a few days ago.
I use Reason 11 app as a daw, I connected the Digitakt to my pc via USB, I set the various settings to "USB", I tried to use Overbridge in my daw and it works really well.

The problem is that unfortunately I can only record the audio from the Digitakt tracks in the Reason sequencer and in no way I can record the midi notes, which is very important for me to work on my projects!

How do I record the midi notes of my Digitakt projects in the Reason 11 sequencer using Overbridge?

I also tried to connect the Digitakt with a midi cable (without Overbridge support, but with only Reason’s midi interface dedicated to the external midi instruments), but I was unable to record the midi notes in the sequencer even choosing the default auto channel 14 as the midi channel, the midi notes from the Digitakt do not arrive.
The Digitakt midi channels are set by default.

Can you please help me solve this problem?

Thank you very much

Sterioevo

02 Jul 2020

Won't work in Overbridge mode. Must be midi mode.

PhillipOrdonez

02 Jul 2020

Midi usb mode in settings!

What I don't know if it is even possible, is, can you use more than one midi track from the Digi to sequence Reason? I'm sure I've tried but failed.
Surely, appreciated Sterioevo, you know the answer?

edad2ooo

02 Jul 2020

Hi, thanks for the infos.
In reason 11.2 everytime when I try to record and I touch a Digitakt midi track trig, the Digitakt freezes and not respondig to commands...and I'm forced to turn it off and on again.
In Ableton Live 10 it's all ok...maybe the problem is reason?

I noticed than using Overbridge the midi clock is more stable, via midi midi clock is a bit "variable".

• Information