Reason Studios has closed all of my tickets without solutions

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DaveyG

30 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
30 Jun 2020
.maybe 12 will be awesome.
Of course it will. We'll love it, then hate it, then wish for 13.
Not necessarily in that order.... :lol:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Jun 2020

DaveyG wrote:
30 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
30 Jun 2020
.maybe 12 will be awesome.
Of course it will. We'll love it, then hate it, then wish for 13.
Not necessarily in that order.... :lol:
I know. I’m still happy with 10.4. I’d just like to avoid having to pay for an upgrade I don’t want in order to move on from RS. It’s like a buy out fee. I thought I’d be with them for life but I’m getting sick of all the crap.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Oquasec

30 Jun 2020

The only thing I expect from props is to be a good standalone app and plugin.
It definitely does not need to waste much time trying to be like the other daws that do all that anyways.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

selig
RE Developer

30 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
30 Jun 2020
I know. I’m still happy with 10.4. I’d just like to avoid having to pay for an upgrade I don’t want in order to move on from RS. It’s like a buy out fee. I thought I’d be with them for life but I’m getting sick of all the crap.
I'm not telling you what to do, only to be clear that moving to another platform just swaps out Reasons issues for another set of issues. The grass is always greener, except for when it's not – make sure you're getting something of high value for your trouble of moving/learning a new workflow etc…
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Jun 2020

selig wrote:
30 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
30 Jun 2020
I'm not telling you what to do, only to be clear that moving to another platform just swaps out Reasons issues for another set of issues. The grass is always greener, except for when it's not – make sure you're getting something of high value for your trouble of moving/learning a new workflow etc…
That’s true. And also the reason I’ve never used another DAW. I love Reason but there’s so much stuff happening just now that feels negative and is getting me down. Probably just a phase :). Thanks Giles :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Zac

30 Jun 2020

selig wrote:
30 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
30 Jun 2020
I know this wasn't directed at me but... again today, RS sent me another video of someone using Ableton Live with RRP. It's surely understandable that some of us are wondering if we need to switch DAW?

selig
RE Developer

30 Jun 2020

Zac wrote:
30 Jun 2020
I know this wasn't directed at me but... again today, RS sent me another video of someone using Ableton Live with RRP. It's surely understandable that some of us are wondering if we need to switch DAW?
I can totally see why, if you only use Reason, you would interpret it this way.
But what if you're ALSO an Ableton Live user - would you not see it from a totally different perspective in that case? As in, "finally, I can use my two favorite pieces of software together". I don't think they message is "buy another DAW so you can then keep using Reason in that DAW", which obviously makes no sense.

I think instead the message is about expansion, more options, greater possibilities. It's really just the same message with ReWire I would think - do you think ReWire was designed to make you wonder if you needed to switch DAW?
Selig Audio, LLC

Zac

30 Jun 2020

selig wrote:
30 Jun 2020
Zac wrote:
30 Jun 2020
I can totally see why, if you only use Reason, you would interpret it this way.
But what if you're ALSO an Ableton Live user - would you not see it from a totally different perspective in that case? As in, "finally, I can use my two favorite pieces of software together". I don't think they message is "buy another DAW so you can then keep using Reason in that DAW", which obviously makes no sense.

I think instead the message is about expansion, more options, greater possibilities. It's really just the same message with ReWire I would think - do you think ReWire was designed to make you wonder if you needed to switch DAW?
OK. I know what you mean and I agree... But it still makes me concerned for Reason as a DAW. I think because I'm Reason centric, part of me resents the RRP and the use of other DAWs. All due to my sheltered musical existence of course, but I look forward to hearing about new DAW features rather than the bloody RRP :P

BadMusic

30 Jun 2020

My last two questions, they waited weeks to reply, then gave me bad answers. In the meantime, I'd already signed up here, asked the same questions, and gotten better answers.

Sad to see Reason going downhill in this department. Of my four DAWS, it's the one with best manual, which matters a lot to me. Five minutes ago I was complaining to Cockos about the sorry state of their user manual, but that Reason manual is high quality.
Last edited by BadMusic on 30 Jun 2020, edited 1 time in total.

fullforce

30 Jun 2020

moneykube wrote:
29 Jun 2020
memories of the great book burning forum shutdown :exclamation:
"This place will be closing soon"
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

HeartbreakOne

30 Jun 2020

Propellerhead AB (Yesterday)
Hershey_Park_-_The_Boardwalk-1024x768.jpg
Hershey_Park_-_The_Boardwalk-1024x768.jpg (270.2 KiB) Viewed 2202 times
Reason Studios (Today)
image.jpg
image.jpg (149.21 KiB) Viewed 2202 times
TO LET THE WORLD BE

bitley

30 Jun 2020

It's a scary vision but some sunny feeling & Zadak memories certainly pop up into my head seeing the playground. We did have a very very dark and lengthy winter in Sweden though, so that certainly took its toll. But it's summer now of course / and it's been really hot as well.

WOO

30 Jun 2020

Billy wrote:
29 Jun 2020
Maybe every thing has been fix and we have an update on its way!

Or maybe someone with the qualifications should apply for some currently available jobs?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/employmen ... al-officer Just remember the best way to drive revenue is to have a user base that is excited about a product and tells everyone to buy it!

https://www.reasonstudios.com/employmen ... -developer Keywords here would be test before making live changes..

Anyone thinking of applying?
After reading those want adds I think i can now be certain that there will be a version 12. Now wondering how long it may be before Verdane sells them off. Antares?

moneykube

30 Jun 2020

as I stated when RS changed their terms ( although many brushed it off as this is common with all software companies... I saw this problem coming) THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT AND ARE REQUIRED TO DO NOTHING ! SO... nothing it is...
9. INDEMNIFICATION
9.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Reason Studios, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) arising out of or accruing from your use of the Service, including your downloading, uploading, installation, or use of any Products or Content, or your violation of these Terms of Service.
=============
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
11.1 YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND ANY PRODUCTS OR CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE AS WELL AS THE SERVICE ITSELF, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS THAT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CANNOT CHANGE.
11.2 YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND ANY PRODUCTS OR CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH USE.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. YOU MUST SEE THE LOOP HOLES THEY MADE ... OR YOU ARE BLIND. :roll:
I have found Apple law supersizes real law... I imagine RS laws the same.... so many times they blame the users and never own up to documented problems and bugs... in my experience... phase one and two of support is to blame users even if they have been using the program since the early years... it will be a sad day if this deletion of support tickets is not an accident or bug... RS EXPLAIN THIS TO US ALL PLEASE... and THANK YOU. Preferably not in this "legaleaze" language so the users you blame can understand your double-talk in straight forward English. :exclamation: Dumb it down for us idiots ok :?: please :puf_wink:
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.20.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.20.42 PM.png (673.22 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
NOTE... picture post glitch... posted once but two appear for your pleasure. Peace .....
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.20.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.20.42 PM.png (673.22 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.18.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.18.32 PM.png (218.33 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

jam-s

01 Jul 2020

> YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS THAT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CANNOT CHANGE.

And that's pretty much the case for almost anybody. Problem is one would have to sue them to actually get those from the Studs.

okaino

03 Jul 2020

selig wrote:
30 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
30 Jun 2020
Ill piggy back off that. For many users especially new users trying to dig their feet into a daw i can see where going to another daw might be a better option than sticking with reason.

As of the last yr for me personally i just accepted where reason was and what was possible, and found and I am still finding work flows to get everything i need to work out.

Compared to most daws im overworking to get make shift solutions. TBH im not even sure when ill get to a place where ill be done.

To me a huge part of being a producer is being resourceful. Reason has taught me this most likely better than anything in life and im not exaggerating

With saying that its not all sunshine and roses. Its more work...i have to actually journal about progress, keep questioning problems and generate solutions... which is actually ridiculous for a daw imo, but i am getting progress and creative burst come of it as well.

I actually think reason is the best place for me to create my music even with the obstacles that are presented by programming now.

Ive found that by coming up with solutions to get around the programming i dont care for and sometimes not immediatlely or conveniently available theres alot i can still do and have very little resistance in getting it done. The figuring it out part is the hard part and time consuming.

On the most superficial on the surface level i have a scroll of complaints about outdated almost useless features that could be incredibly useful, but have to be altered with programming on RS side.

With that being said im well aware of my options with other daws, and ive noticed theres alot of small deep end things in reason that just arent available let alone possible in other daws, and ive come to see that as the balance for what i dont like.

Reason aint this cozy house...its never been that... its one that you need to work on and requires effort to even achieve a sense of being comfortable.

Everyone is different and everyone has different needs, and they have to adapt to their needs in reason without being blind or unmotivated by their wants which you can have by working majority of the time.

When i started using reason 3.0 i had a hard time with it. It took time to get even decent with it. In fact i didnt get half decent with it till 4.0. i felt great in other daws though. Reason broke me down though. I simply wasnt good enough for the program. I couldnt do what i thought i could. It exposed my weak ass ideas for what they were.

Easy and Reason arent related....outside of its easy to quit using reason cause theres easier options ...thats true.

Reason is intensely complicated but well within "reason" of what your trying to do.

VLast thing....99.5% of the help ive got working through the issues ive had sadly hasnt come from the developer it came from brilliant users and sometimes people who have never used reason that had solutions i identified i could work with.

I write all this to say focus on music and progressing. Make the best choice for how you are going to make music and stick with it and do it.

If the negatives out way the positives keep it moving. If you are not sure research for yourself.

Creating is complicated enough to add feeling negative about tools. Make your choice about right now not tomorrow or next year and get to work guys!

Peace and Love!

earwig83

12 Jul 2020

I would never leave Reason BUT they really have become no different than the cold and faceless Native Instruments... and all with the same arrogance and lack of consumer regard. Still, I love the Reason ecosystem the best.... but honestly... it's only because I spent 20 years sticking to it. Sunk cost fallacy in full gear for me. At the same time, these guys have really gone leaps and bounds to change their old stubborn ways. We like to complain that they don't take feedback or listen to customers but they did listen, by opening up the rack to RE AND VSTs! So in a way I feel like I am just being a demanding customer (and I am). All that said, it doesn't change that they could do better with customer relations.

dannyF

12 Jul 2020

"Can we have folders in the sequencer?" - 2007

kc1

12 Jul 2020

okaino wrote:
03 Jul 2020
selig wrote:
30 Jun 2020

Ill piggy back off that. For many users especially new users trying to dig their feet into a daw i can see where going to another daw might be a better option than sticking with reason.

As of the last yr for me personally i just accepted where reason was and what was possible, and found and I am still finding work flows to get everything i need to work out.

Compared to most daws im overworking to get make shift solutions. TBH im not even sure when ill get to a place where ill be done.

To me a huge part of being a producer is being resourceful. Reason has taught me this most likely better than anything in life and im not exaggerating

With saying that its not all sunshine and roses. Its more work...i have to actually journal about progress, keep questioning problems and generate solutions... which is actually ridiculous for a daw imo, but i am getting progress and creative burst come of it as well.

I actually think reason is the best place for me to create my music even with the obstacles that are presented by programming now.

Ive found that by coming up with solutions to get around the programming i dont care for and sometimes not immediatlely or conveniently available theres alot i can still do and have very little resistance in getting it done. The figuring it out part is the hard part and time consuming.

On the most superficial on the surface level i have a scroll of complaints about outdated almost useless features that could be incredibly useful, but have to be altered with programming on RS side.

With that being said im well aware of my options with other daws, and ive noticed theres alot of small deep end things in reason that just arent available let alone possible in other daws, and ive come to see that as the balance for what i dont like.

Reason aint this cozy house...its never been that... its one that you need to work on and requires effort to even achieve a sense of being comfortable.

Everyone is different and everyone has different needs, and they have to adapt to their needs in reason without being blind or unmotivated by their wants which you can have by working majority of the time.

When i started using reason 3.0 i had a hard time with it. It took time to get even decent with it. In fact i didnt get half decent with it till 4.0. i felt great in other daws though. Reason broke me down though. I simply wasnt good enough for the program. I couldnt do what i thought i could. It exposed my weak ass ideas for what they were.

Easy and Reason arent related....outside of its easy to quit using reason cause theres easier options ...thats true.

Reason is intensely complicated but well within "reason" of what your trying to do.

VLast thing....99.5% of the help ive got working through the issues ive had sadly hasnt come from the developer it came from brilliant users and sometimes people who have never used reason that had solutions i identified i could work with.

I write all this to say focus on music and progressing. Make the best choice for how you are going to make music and stick with it and do it.

If the negatives out way the positives keep it moving. If you are not sure research for yourself.

Creating is complicated enough to add feeling negative about tools. Make your choice about right now not tomorrow or next year and get to work guys!

Peace and Love!
I’ve only been using Reason for a year as well as Bitwig and Logic Pro X, and i’ve only purchased one rack extension so i’m not too deeply grounded into the ecosystem, would you recommend leaning further towards my other DAW options? it’s the most fun DAW and one that I feel speaks to me the most but it looks like a sinking ship sometimes, looking back to threads in 2013 asking for an updated GUI enhancement in regards to pleas of Track folders, more organised automation lanes and many others. from an experienced reason user to a novice reason user what would you recommend?

selig
RE Developer

12 Jul 2020

kc1 wrote:
12 Jul 2020
I’ve only been using Reason for a year as well as Bitwig and Logic Pro X, and i’ve only purchased one rack extension so i’m not too deeply grounded into the ecosystem, would you recommend leaning further towards my other DAW options? it’s the most fun DAW and one that I feel speaks to me the most but it looks like a sinking ship sometimes, looking back to threads in 2013 asking for an updated GUI enhancement in regards to pleas of Track folders, more organised automation lanes and many others. from an experienced reason user to a novice reason user what would you recommend?
Looking back to 2013, folks were also asking for VST support, pitch correction in the sequencer, inline crossfades, and bounce in place, all of which HAVE been implemented.
Best advice with Reason - if it works for you TODAY, keep using it. I still find it more inspiring than other DAWs, despite have my own list of unimplemented features as long as my arm.
Selig Audio, LLC

dannyF

12 Jul 2020

selig wrote:
12 Jul 2020
kc1 wrote:
12 Jul 2020
Looking back to 2013, folks were also asking for VST support, pitch correction in the sequencer, inline crossfades, and bounce in place, all of which HAVE been implemented.
Best advice with Reason - if it works for you TODAY, keep using it. I still find it more inspiring than other DAWs, despite have my own list of unimplemented features as long as my arm.
regarding VST. Props refused to do it until the company sold and the new owners made it happen. AFAIK.

Reasonable man

12 Jul 2020

okaino wrote:
03 Jul 2020
selig wrote:
30 Jun 2020

Peace and Love!
This man has managed to sum up Reason in this honest elequent post.

The problem is that Reason kepts leading people down long dark rabbit holes and i guess you have to decide to go down these rabbit holes or take the time to time to start from scratch with another daw.

Reason only makes sense if your familiar and comfortable with the environment (this extends to thre rrp). This takes time and i would argue a more lengthly time than most other daws if you combine all the elements together.

Reason is a daw and at the end of the day a daw is supposed to allow professionals or budding professionals to start and finish a project. If reason is just a project idea starter or a daw strickly for modular orientated hobbyists..then it really should be advertised as such.
But is it being advertised as such already wit the RRP campaign? I would hazzard a guess that reason studios has managed to sell as many copies of ableton live as it has its own vst plugin over the last 8 months. Thats great and all that but guys ....can you please spend some time in the future to help enable reason users to start and finnish a project in your own daw without wanting to hang themselves with fustration. Its a matter of priorities Useability before profit ..and all that jazz.
I have leaned that the collage that i intially leaned (was introduced to) reason has recently dropped it like a hot sack of potatoes. This isn't good guys . i'm starting to think your loosing as many customers as your gaining with these stratagies. If your gonna do reason 12 ... please please help bring the workflow and sequencer up to date. We dont need more company instruments, players and effects, we have a wealth of developers that have all that covered already.
I'm not going to talk of this again.. i just want to finish projects not start them and think about giving up at the very thought of organising and finishing them DIY style.

• Information