iPad for XY controlling

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Frankdw

14 Jun 2020

Hi all,
I've been looking for a while now to connect an iPad with an XY app, that can be connected to my desktop REASON setup.
The idea would be that you connect any knob (as in the current controllerknobs that can be automated) to X or Y, and even more then one knob preferably. The effects I would put in a combinator and so you have a sort of template of (kaos KP3+ like) an effects box... Now, it seems simple and there's massive amounts of idea's out there, but none of them seem to really work flawlessly (too old apps, or many more issues) The solution might be simple, but I've been searching and googling for more than a week now....
Has anybody experience in this field? Or if anyone would have a sort-like setup it would really help me. I'm willing to pay for decent solutions that actually work.
Just to clarify:
iPad has an XY field. The knobs of any effect or tool/instrument in reason that can be automated, can then be linked to the X or Y axis. the iPad just sends the data, but the automation records the changes as in normal automation changes...
I have very little programming knowledge.... ;)

Many thanks in advance.
Frank.

rmtcvolte

14 Jun 2020

Touch OSC might be helpful:

Sterioevo

14 Jun 2020

I use Lemur for this purpose, after first using a KP2 and a Remote SL over the years.

Here is a screen shot of my template. It is relatively easy to setup a basic controller for the combinator by assigning the default midi cc implementations. You may find that you want more though in which case prepare yourself for some learning.

Lemur, touch Osc and other solutions all come with a learning curve and all have their own limitations, add to this the need to learn about Reasons Remote as well as virtual midi, and in many cases 3rd party midi utilities as well.
It is easy to lose a couple of days or even more of music making time.

The end result can be very rewarding (despite the inevitable frustrations) and platforms such as Lemur provide very powerful scripting capabilities.

Attachments
image.png
image.png (246.88 KiB) Viewed 493 times

Frankdw

15 Jun 2020

Hi, thanks very much for the info. I will take the time going through your propositions in the coming days!
Cheers
Frank

• Information