Reason Suite 11.3 100% Crash rate with Waves Gold Bundle

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
FrankJaeger

01 Jun 2020

Hi everyone! Hope your having a fantastic day/night.

So I just upgraded to Reason Suite yesterday from 9.5 and installed it and my waves gold bundle. I made a instrumental today and started mixing it with stock devices and REs which was going smoothly. I then dropped in a Waves plugin as an insert device and the device appeared no problem. However, when I clicked on the VST panel to open the UI window, Reason crashed immediately. Frustrated that I hadn't saved in quite a while, I reopened the project and tried again with the same plugin and once more it crashed. I tried a third time with a different waves plugin and it crashed again. Another handful of tries later yielded the same results. I didn't have this problem on Reason 9.5 and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them? I read somewhere on this forum that the 11.3 update was supposed to make Reason work BETTER with waves plugins so I'm even more confused.

Laptop Specs: Late 2011 MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz intel core i7 (quad core), 2TB SSHD, 16GB RAM running OS 10.14.5 Mojave

Also I haven't installed my other VSTs yet so I don't know if I'll get the same result with them or not, but any help you good folks can offer would be greatly appreciated...
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

jam-s

01 Jun 2020

For me the Waves plugins work fine when authorized to the PC on Win10 in Reason Suite 11.3.

Could be that Mojave is a problem here (I guess, Reason Studeos only tested on Catalina and Windows 10).

Re8et
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2020

Waves update was the last thing happended before my system screwed up-, Not just Reason. Whole win 10 OS.
Maybe it's a coincidence. Maybe I got a virus somewhere else.
That is the last thing I will reinstall. I was even thinking about installing it on a usb drive.
Third time since january I had to perform a clear reinstall.

• Information