Pitch Bend/ Mod Wheel parameter values strange behaviour.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 May 2020

This should maybe be posted in hardware but here's the problem anyway. I open a subtractor, right click on the mod wheel and select Edit Remote Override Mapping. I then assign the Mod Wheel on my Midi Keyboard to that parameter. I'm using an old Line6 KB37. Anyway...the range I'm getting from the Mod Wheel controlled by the Wheel on my Midi Keyboard is 7-127 and not 0-127. I can kind of force the mod wheel down a little lower and get it to 6. Same problem with the pitch bend...from -7011 up to 8191.
Clicking on them with my mouse I can bring them down so this is obviously a hardware problem right? I've reset all MIDI note transmission on the controller but that doesn't help. Anybody got any ideas of how to fix this other than changing to a new controller? I hate Line6...for many, many reasons. Thanks
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MannequinRaces

29 May 2020

Have you tried taking it apart and doing this:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

MannequinRaces wrote:
29 May 2020
Have you tried taking it apart and doing this:

Aaa. Thanks. I tried spraying in some contact spray but that’s as far as I dare to go. I know from previous experience that whenever I try to fix anything I end up breaking it more. Well I guess it’ll be a new keyboard and I will finally be free of the Line6 curse. Thanks :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

29 May 2020

Maybe you are not as strong as you used to be.
Have you tried using both hands and swearing at it?

exxx

29 May 2020

I have the same machine and I have the same problem. That part of kb37 is weak

MannequinRaces

29 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 May 2020
Aaa. Thanks. I tried spraying in some contact spray but that’s as far as I dare to go. I know from previous experience that whenever I try to fix anything I end up breaking it more. Well I guess it’ll be a new keyboard and I will finally be free of the Line6 curse. Thanks :).
You're welcome. I'm not a Line6 fan either if it's any consolation, lol. :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

DaveyG wrote:
29 May 2020
Maybe you are not as strong as you used to be.
Have you tried using both hands and swearing at it?
You mean on the pitch wheel?
😉
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

supersaw

29 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
28 May 2020
This should maybe be posted in hardware but here's the problem anyway. I open a subtractor, right click on the mod wheel and select Edit Remote Override Mapping. I then assign the Mod Wheel on my Midi Keyboard to that parameter. I'm using an old Line6 KB37. Anyway...the range I'm getting from the Mod Wheel controlled by the Wheel on my Midi Keyboard is 7-127 and not 0-127. I can kind of force the mod wheel down a little lower and get it to 6. Same problem with the pitch bend...from -7011 up to 8191.
Clicking on them with my mouse I can bring them down so this is obviously a hardware problem right? I've reset all MIDI note transmission on the controller but that doesn't help. Anybody got any ideas of how to fix this other than changing to a new controller? I hate Line6...for many, many reasons. Thanks
I've just had exactly the same problem. Sprayed it with wd40 and now it works alright.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

supersaw wrote:
29 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
28 May 2020
I've just had exactly the same problem. Sprayed it with wd40 and now it works alright.
Did you have to open it up?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

supersaw

29 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 May 2020
I did, it's easy. But you can try to just spray it both sides.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

supersaw wrote:
29 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
29 May 2020
Thanks man. I just sprayed my way to happiness. Stuck the little straw in where the spring is on the wheels and sprayed away. Getting the full range again now :).
Is it a KB37 you've got? I will never, ever buy anything Line6 again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

29 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 May 2020
supersaw wrote:
29 May 2020

Thanks man. I just sprayed my way to happiness. Stuck the little straw in where the spring is on the wheels and sprayed away. Getting the full range again now :).
I didn't even know they made keyboards. I've only ever used their first red desktop POD thing (yes, years ago). . It was pretty good for the time but just not as much fund as stomping on an array of mismatched plastic boxes.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

DaveyG wrote:
29 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
29 May 2020

I didn't even know they made keyboards. I've only ever used their first red desktop POD thing (yes, years ago). . It was pretty good for the time but just not as much fund as stomping on an array of mismatched plastic boxes.
It's an audio interface with a 37 key keyboard and knobs and buttons and stuff. I bought it when Line6 were still on the Reason scene as I got convinced that the integration was seamless and the way to go. Not true. Total crap. I've got a Balance and just use the KB37 as a MIDI controller. Even the expression pedal is a different type than the usual standard. TS mono instead of TRS so you have to buy their own controller. Boooo!!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

supersaw

31 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 May 2020
No, I have Samson Carbon 61, lol. Bought it 70% off, if it wasn't on sale probably would go with M-Audio or Novation.

• Information