question about the drum sequencer

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
eisraum

28 May 2020

so i try to explain the situation:

I use the reason rack plugin in Bitwig

so i open the reason rack plugin and use just the players from reason for my vst plugins
i use a drum vst plugin in Bitwig (uvi drum designer )with the own reasons drum sequencer so i can make beats with the players
but i cant change the pitch i would like to change the pitch from the hihat so here come my idea maybe you can help me :

It is possible to change the pitch from the reasons drum sequencer with the robotic bean sequences ?

so i can make the groove with drum sequencer ,the hihat pattern, and change just the pitch from the hihat pattern with the robotic bean sequences ?
it is possible ?

hope you understand me

best wishes

PhillipOrdonez

28 May 2020

I don't have that vst, but it sounds like it cannot be done if it works anything like other drum machines. Players send midi only... You could do this with a sampler with only the hi hat sample in it so different notes play different pitches... But your case sounds like drum machines... It could work if your vst could use velocity to modify pitch, like Kong does I think? (Might be remembering wrong)...

Hope that helps and someone who better knowledge on your particular tool can be of better help.

Kind regards

eisraum

28 May 2020

thanks for your answer
i can play the pitch from any sound fort the kick snare and hihat individuell
so it would be great when i can just route the pattern from the hihat to another player to chnage the pitch

• Information