Which RE requires internet ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
visheshl

28 May 2020

So my reason says it needs to connect to internet because some REs require internet. I want to know which ones so that i can remove them.
Any simple way to find out ?

DaveyG

28 May 2020

It's something that you are trialling or renting. Go to your online account and browse through the REs listed in your products.
One of them will say "expires on xxx" or similar. Then on you PC open the authoriser, find that RE and remove it.

robotgard

28 May 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 May 2020

And if you don’t have any on trial or subscription the you may need to do a sync all. Happened a number of times for me after downloading an update. Pain in the arse.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

visheshl

28 May 2020

joeyluck wrote:
28 May 2020
Just curious, why do you need to remove them?
I like to work offline, i Don't want to be stuck if theres no internet and a song uses an RE which requires internet...id rather just remove it, than to not be able to open up that file. I live in a place where power outages are frequent and i work on backup power, but internet goes out.

visheshl

28 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
28 May 2020
And if you don’t have any on trial or subscription the you may need to do a sync all. Happened a number of times for me after downloading an update. Pain in the arse.
Yes even reason studios suggested sync all, I'll do it when my power is back and home's internet is working.

visheshl

28 May 2020

robotgard wrote:
28 May 2020
You can check the trial version in your account.
Wierd, my product page doesn't list any trial REs, but reason still wants to connect to internet

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 May 2020

visheshl wrote:
28 May 2020
robotgard wrote:
28 May 2020
You can check the trial version in your account.
Wierd, my product page doesn't list any trial REs, but reason still wants to connect to internet
As above. Just Sync All and you’ll be fine. In the meantime you don’t need to connect. Just click on the box to the right and open Reason without internet verification.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

28 May 2020

visheshl wrote:
28 May 2020
joeyluck wrote:
28 May 2020
Just curious, why do you need to remove them?
I like to work offline, i Don't want to be stuck if theres no internet and a song uses an RE which requires internet...id rather just remove it, than to not be able to open up that file. I live in a place where power outages are frequent and i work on backup power, but internet goes out.
This is a common misconception.

I'm not sure how the wording is so often misinterpreted.

Keywords are "some" and continue without "these" REs.

I'm not sure how else they could word it. Maybe they need to add "REs you have purchased and authorized will be available" under the continue button?

This comes up often and I've pointed out to them. But REs you own that are authorized to your computer are always accessible for offline use—just click continue.

visheshl

28 May 2020

Thanks Joeyluck, i dont have any trial REs but still this is happening, I'll sync all and see if it solves the issue.

platzangst

28 May 2020

visheshl wrote:
28 May 2020
Thanks Joeyluck, i dont have any trial REs but still this is happening, I'll sync all and see if it solves the issue.
It also happens with "rent-to-own" REs, where you're making monthly payments but haven't fully "bought" the RE yet.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

visheshl wrote:
29 May 2020
I did sync all, now reason is not asking for internet. Fixed
Tadaaaa!!! Toldja :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

29 May 2020

It can happen when you update a re. I don't sync all but I make sure to go to the product page of the re and download from there. That fixes it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
29 May 2020
It can happen when you update a re. I don't sync all but I make sure to go to the product page of the re and download from there. That fixes it.
Not always. I've had RE updates that cause the whole must log-in thing even though they're legit licenses. I've also had it confirmed. Sync-all is the only way to get it work in those situations. Crappy buggy software.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information