Matching audio to tempo

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ajnanyc

27 May 2020

I've watched several YT videos on this and can't seem to get it to work on my track. I've imported a wav file (complete song) that fluctuates tempo between 113-114bpm. I'm trying to sync the track to my click at a steady 113bpm by automating the tempo and setting 113bpm every bar in the transport bar. I then enable stretch on the wav file but it still does not sync to the click. It fluctuates with the tempo automation, but does not follow the click on every bar. All suggestions welcomed, thanks.

Mich01

27 May 2020

You can do it the other way around by matching the tempo to the fluctuating wave-file tempo instead of stretching the wavefile.
It's a bit of a job, but it works quite well.
Create an automationlane on tempotrack. Choose the approx tempo (113 in this case) and then adjus the tempo in the automationlane.
I normally get satisfying results with adjustment between +/- 0,500 bpm.
Greetz Michel

moggadeet

27 May 2020

If I understand you correctly, I asked for the same thing some months ago.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7513710&hilit=tempo

Oquasec

27 May 2020

Open audio track, adjust tempo until it ends wherever you placed the loop end at.
Done.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Jackjackdaw

27 May 2020

I saw a good video on matching the tempo to track, for when the audio tempo might fluctuate , a guitar or vocal for instance. But i never could find the video again! In it they got a vocal from alihoopa. I'm sure it was a propellethead vid. If anyone knows it please link!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 May 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
27 May 2020
I saw a good video on matching the tempo to track, for when the audio tempo might fluctuate , a guitar or vocal for instance. But i never could find the video again! In it they got a vocal from alihoopa. I'm sure it was a propellethead vid. If anyone knows it please link!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Jackjackdaw

27 May 2020

Thats it! Thanks pal. Such a good tutorial. I would not have stretched the audio at the end though, let it drift with all the parts still in time with each other .

WarStar

27 May 2020

It maybe 113.5 bpm..? I sample alot and always keep the native tempo so I don't mind a little drift but you can always use half clicks as I mentioned... Acustic recordings always have this issue because humans cant follow a click perfectly, no one can.. it's been my finding that typically a drummer will play a click behind the given tempo, just my experience from sampling so often..

ajnanyc

28 May 2020

Appreciate all the suggestions above. That video posted was perfect and worked! Thanks again to all. What a great community we have!

• Information