Comparing Carve EQ RE to Trackspacer VST

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
zero-13

19 May 2020

Apologies if this question is best submitted elsewhere, being as it's an RE and VST general question I thought General would be the best spot to ask this?

From what I can tell, Carve EQ and Trackspacer VST seem identical in purpose, function and options... can anyone that maybe has experience with both share their experience and perspective with them? Thanks in advance!

plasticfractal

19 May 2020

They look mostly identical, though trackspacer has a couple extra features, such as setting the panning for the ducking, and LR or Mid Side mode. I haven't used carve so I can't compare how they perform to each other. Trackspacer uses a 32 band Eq, I couldn't find how many bands Carve uses but that would be good to know for comparison also. Trackspacer is pretty noticeable if you use it at higher than 10 percent or so. I bet they both probably work the same, but Trackspacer has a slight edge in features and user interface. Carve is cheaper so it might be the best choice if you don't care about the panning or LR/Midside features in Trackspacer.

motuscott

19 May 2020

There were some problems with Carve just before Ochen K split the proposphere, timing wise I think.
The guy brought some new things to the table. I miss his contribution.
Of course I own it and I could check it further but that might endanger my dilettante status.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

zero-13

19 May 2020

I appreciate your responses and information, so the developer of Carve no longer supports the RE, bummer, seems like an awesome cleanly designed RE.

This really helps me decide on Trackspacer, purely for the fact that if there is some future Reason update that changes things, or indeed something with the current RE that Carve pretty much as is.

So even though I'd prefer an RE I'm going with Trackspacer.

Thanks guys, very helpful!

motuscott

19 May 2020

Plz don't just take my word for it. I think the timing prob was with his looper RE. But I think he's no longer around.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

zero-13

19 May 2020

No worries, apologies if it sounded like I was saying you guys convinced me one way or another, more along the lines of informed me, and while I may not use them now the extra features @plasticfractal mentioned, will no doubt be of use as my knowledge grows.

• Information