So what have you bought from this May Madness Sale?

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
TritoneAddiction
Posts: 2407
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 19 May 2020

Yeah I know it's still going. If you haven't finished shopping yet you can always come back here later to post a comment. :D

Let's stick to things from the Reason Studios Shop. REs, upgrades, refills etc.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7288
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 19 May 2020

Nothing.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 1028
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Colombia

Post 19 May 2020

Autosub.

DougalDarkly
Posts: 119
Joined: 31 Jul 2019

Post 19 May 2020

This time I bought Jackbox 7R-808 and Synapse GQ-7 - they're both great!

If I didn't already own them, I would've bought:

Lectric Panda Fritz, Evolution and ZFO-2
Noise Engineering Bundle 1 and 2
Reason Studios Drum Sequencer and Synchronous

I use these in just about everything I do.

Sorely tempted by, but decided not to buy Complex-1, Autosub and ES-01 - maybe next time...

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1677
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 19 May 2020

Will likely buy Lectric Panda Evolution. Trial ended recently & I had some fun with this.

Just downloaded Auto Sub on trial. Will test this later today & might buy this also.

VK-2 is tempting at the price. I've wanted this since release but it brought my old PC to it's knees back then.

A few other bits I might be interested in. But I've pretty much got most of the things I want apart from the above.

Was hoping the R11 upgrade would have shed a few $'s for this sale. I may (no pun intended) well have bitten.

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1255
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 19 May 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
19 May 2020
Was hoping the R11 upgrade would have shed a few $'s for this sale. I may (no pun intended) well have bitten.
Wasn’t it on sale like last week?

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1677
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 19 May 2020

MannequinRaces wrote:
19 May 2020
Faastwalker wrote:
19 May 2020
Was hoping the R11 upgrade would have shed a few $'s for this sale. I may (no pun intended) well have bitten.
Wasn’t it on sale like last week?
Not the R11 upgrade. The full R11 package & R11 Suite upgrade were on sale.

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1255
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 19 May 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
19 May 2020
MannequinRaces wrote:
19 May 2020

Wasn’t it on sale like last week?
Not the R11 upgrade. The full R11 package & R11 Suite upgrade were on sale.
Gotcha! The R11 upgrade would have been nice to see on sale. Reason Studios seems to be stingy discounting those.

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1677
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 19 May 2020

MannequinRaces wrote:
19 May 2020
Faastwalker wrote:
19 May 2020

Not the R11 upgrade. The full R11 package & R11 Suite upgrade were on sale.
Gotcha! The R11 upgrade would have been nice to see on sale. Reason Studios seems to be stingy discounting those.
The Upgrade to R11 from Intro/Lite is currently on sale for $199 down from $299. I don't know why they appear to be so adverse to putting the regular upgrade, you know for regular Reason users, on sale once in a while :?

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1255
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 19 May 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
19 May 2020
MannequinRaces wrote:
19 May 2020

Gotcha! The R11 upgrade would have been nice to see on sale. Reason Studios seems to be stingy discounting those.
The Upgrade to R11 from Intro/Lite is currently on sale for $199 down from $299. I don't know why they appear to be so adverse to putting the regular upgrade, you know for regular Reason users, on sale once in a while :?
They must have their ahem... reasons. Same with the Parsec upgrade, that one was weird as well, never going on sale.

fretshot7
Posts: 432
Joined: 02 Apr 2018

Post 20 May 2020

MannequinRaces wrote:
19 May 2020
Faastwalker wrote:
19 May 2020

The Upgrade to R11 from Intro/Lite is currently on sale for $199 down from $299. I don't know why they appear to be so adverse to putting the regular upgrade, you know for regular Reason users, on sale once in a while :?
They must have their ahem... reasons. Same with the Parsec upgrade, that one was weird as well, never going on sale.
I think we ( R10 users ) are still there biggest customer base by far and they really want us to spend full wonga on it. I expect R11 standard upgrade to go on sale about 4-6 months before R12 comes out ( no idea when that is )

I have bought nothing yet from MM but just forked out on Evolution and Sequences...
I am interested in Zero, and maybe a chord or scale player device from tomicmint and Torison from LP and maybe a couple of other devises like Selig Gain, and LPs double cv lfo device.... but times are tight and im on 60% salary and stood down next week, so ill have loads of time to play with Reason but no money hahaha - its a funny old world 😳

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 6900
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 May 2020

So far I have gotten two REs:

Andrew Russell's Velocity Curve
Reason Studios should just strike up a deal with Andrew and include this with Reason. It's really fundamental for MIDI performance and workflow. And it's executed perfectly.

Tonicmint's Negate
I had missed grabbing this during the intro sale. I find that Negate paired with Static Cling's AutoLatch is a really great match, and simple way to transform riffs and songs into brand new things.

Yonatan
Posts: 1195
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 20 May 2020

joeyluck wrote:
20 May 2020
So far I have gotten two REs:

Andrew Russell's Velocity Curve
Reason Studios should just strike up a deal with Andrew and include this with Reason. It's really fundamental for MIDI performance and workflow. And it's executed perfectly.

Tonicmint's Negate
I had missed grabbing this during the intro sale. I find that Negate paired with Static Cling's AutoLatch is a really great match, and simple way to transform riffs and songs into brand new things.
Yes Velocity curve looks nice. Already have Midi compressor so cannot get myself to buy this. And yes, quite a lot in players should be apart of Reason...

Had my eye on Negate and wonder if Melodic Inverter does something of that kind too (and beyond)?
Havent had time testing them out yet.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4214
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 May 2020

Shape and that’s it.
Weird. If you compare May Madness 2019 threads with May Madness 2020 threads there doesn’t seem to be as much excitement this year. Guess it’s not yet though.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 6900
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 May 2020

Yonatan wrote:
20 May 2020
joeyluck wrote:
20 May 2020
So far I have gotten two REs:

Andrew Russell's Velocity Curve
Reason Studios should just strike up a deal with Andrew and include this with Reason. It's really fundamental for MIDI performance and workflow. And it's executed perfectly.

Tonicmint's Negate
I had missed grabbing this during the intro sale. I find that Negate paired with Static Cling's AutoLatch is a really great match, and simple way to transform riffs and songs into brand new things.
Yes Velocity curve looks nice. Already have Midi compressor so cannot get myself to buy this. And yes, quite a lot in players should be apart of Reason...

Had my eye on Negate and wonder if Melodic Inverter does something of that kind too (and beyond)?
Havent had time testing them out yet.
For me, I found Negate did exactly what I wanted. Simple and the price is great. I use it to flip melodies and chords. I'll follow it with Scales & Chords (chords off) if I need the change to fit a specific key and scale. Melodic Inverter I struggled with to get results I liked. But others seem to be getting use out of it. So I think it comes down to trying them and seeing for yourself.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 6900
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 May 2020
Shape and that’s it.
Weird. If you compare May Madness 2019 threads with May Madness 2020 threads there doesn’t seem to be as much excitement this year. Guess it’s not yet though.
Wow I don't know about that...There's been more begging and hype for this May Madness than any other ;) lol

"Will there be a May Madness?"
"When is May Madness?"
"Screw it I'm starting a thread early because I'm so damn excited for May Madness!!!"
:P

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4214
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 May 2020

joeyluck wrote:
20 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
20 May 2020
Shape and that’s it.
Weird. If you compare May Madness 2019 threads with May Madness 2020 threads there doesn’t seem to be as much excitement this year. Guess it’s not yet though.
Wow I don't know about that...There's been more begging and hype for this May Madness than any other ;) lol

"Will there be a May Madness?"
"When is May Madness?"
"Screw it I'm starting a thread early because I'm so damn excited for May Madness!!!"
:P
I’d like to call that Pre-May Madness excitement :).
丰2ॐ

Yonatan
Posts: 1195
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 20 May 2020

joeyluck wrote:
20 May 2020
Yonatan wrote:
20 May 2020


Yes Velocity curve looks nice. Already have Midi compressor so cannot get myself to buy this. And yes, quite a lot in players should be apart of Reason...

Had my eye on Negate and wonder if Melodic Inverter does something of that kind too (and beyond)?
Havent had time testing them out yet.
For me, I found Negate did exactly what I wanted. Simple and the price is great. I use it to flip melodies and chords. I'll follow it with Scales & Chords (chords off) if I need the change to fit a specific key and scale. Melodic Inverter I struggled with to get results I liked. But others seem to be getting use out of it. So I think it comes down to trying them and seeing for yourself.
Thanks for sharing. I cant afford Melodic Inverter as yet, so I will surely end up with Negate until MM is over. I like these smaller cheaper units that makes big difference when combining with other players etc.

DaveyG
Posts: 237
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 20 May 2020

fretshot7 wrote:
20 May 2020

I think we ( R10 users ) are still there biggest customer base by far
Are you sure? Do you have any facts to back that up?

User avatar
Boombastix
Posts: 1359
Joined: 18 May 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post 20 May 2020

I grabbed Shape LFO. Even though I have Blamsoft movement (great to add a CV envelop that starts AFTER you release a key, and it can loop during release as well), and I have Synchronous, but don't like how it is to draw curves in it.

What made me grab it for sure was when I saw that you can set speed to zero, and use the phase knob to manually move the player back/forth. This way I can draw my own CV curve and control it from a Combinator knob. I can do a non-linear filter sweep in one Shape and another non-linear resonance sweep in a second Shape. Perfect!

I will check out the Pink Noise Retro Europa ReFill. I think PN and Exode are the best ReFills I have heard in the RS Shop.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

User avatar
Mistro17
Posts: 108
Joined: 04 Jul 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Post 20 May 2020

Thanks to reading a couple threads I put my Kontakt 6 purchase on hold and got Reason 11 Suite upgrade instead from JRRshop for $177. I saved up and was waiting to see if Native Instruments was gonna have a spring sale but after really diving in to see what Reason 11 Suite would give me, I decided to just get it while I could at that price. The regular price tag was the main thing holding me back. Kontakt would've cost me $249. I still plan on getting it but it's on the back burner for now. No regrets.

fretshot7
Posts: 432
Joined: 02 Apr 2018

Post 20 May 2020

DaveyG wrote:
20 May 2020
fretshot7 wrote:
20 May 2020

I think we ( R10 users ) are still there biggest customer base by far
Are you sure? Do you have any facts to back that up?
yes but im not allowed to share them sorry 😜

DaveyG
Posts: 237
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 20 May 2020

fretshot7 wrote:
20 May 2020
DaveyG wrote:
20 May 2020


Are you sure? Do you have any facts to back that up?
yes but im not allowed to share them sorry 😜
I fully understand and I apologise for almost compromising your spy network. I'll say no more. :puf_bigsmile:

EdGrip
Posts: 1790
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 20 May 2020

Nothing yet!

But even a May Madness inspired browse of the shop can be productive - for some reason I hadn't made the connection that Panda's free CV Player Tap turns PSQ-1684 into a player. That's brilliant for integrating PSQ into Other Stuff. In fact any legacy CV-based device, CV Player Tap gives new life to. For some reason I thought CV Player Tap was only for tapping CV signals OUT of Player chains. Great!

The Euclidean Rhythms player looks fun (someone should make a Rainbow Rhythms player). Auto Latch looks useful. Negate looks interesting. And now we can drop these player chains into the MIDI of any DAW!

EdGrip
Posts: 1790
Joined: 03 Jun 2016

Post 20 May 2020

Boombastix wrote:
20 May 2020
What made me grab it for sure was when I saw that you can set speed to zero, and use the phase knob to manually move the player back/forth. This way I can draw my own CV curve and control it from a Combinator knob. I can do a non-linear filter sweep in one Shape and another non-linear resonance sweep in a second Shape. Perfect!
That is, indeed, an extremely useful sound design tool that doesn't otherwise exist in Reason - and there it is hidden as a secondary function of another RE! Thanks for the tip.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests