RE compatibility using Reason as a plug in

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
FlowerSoldier

14 May 2020

I've been using Reason as my main DAW for years. I'm considering updating to 11, but I've bought a lot of 3rd party REs like McDSP, Korg & Softube.

My questions is do all REs translate to VST as plug in, or does it depend on the Dev supporting them?

I'm intrigued by the new Logic update. If I can use all my Reason Combis in Logic, I'm upgrading to Reason 11 immediately.

Please advise.

Popey
Competition Winner

14 May 2020

Hi I don't own any re's from the company's you mention but have lots of other 3rd party re's and players. Everything works fine in rack plugin for me on windows. There may be a couple of player devices I have not tried in the rack yet but not expecting any issues as since they added midi out I have been able to use all the ones I wanted to so far.

buddard
RE Developer

14 May 2020

FlowerSoldier wrote:
14 May 2020
I've been using Reason as my main DAW for years. I'm considering updating to 11, but I've bought a lot of 3rd party REs like McDSP, Korg & Softube.

My questions is do all REs translate to VST as plug in, or does it depend on the Dev supporting them?

I'm intrigued by the new Logic update. If I can use all my Reason Combis in Logic, I'm upgrading to Reason 11 immediately.

Please advise.
All Rack Extensions can run inside the Reason Rack Plugin.
You can also use all Combinators, except for the ones that contain one or more VSTs -- Because the Reason Rack Plugin can't load any VSTs.

FlowerSoldier

14 May 2020

Thanks for the info! Downloading now!

• Information