Reason 12 release date?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

01 Apr 2021

deeplink wrote:
01 Apr 2021
Creativemind wrote:
01 Apr 2021
So what do people here think the percentage is of Reason Studio's adding scalability with this Hi-Res in 12, I think about a 30% probability lol!
I think after including those Easter eggs in that Goodie Bag, they almost have to include it in the next major update. It sounds like it a difficult task, so maybe they will postpone 12 and instead release 11.5 - addressing minor but important workflow enhancements.

Also I imagine a scale at 50%, 100% and 150% could be feaisble. But scaling like changing the aspect ratio (as found in some vector based VST) probably won't work in Reasons environment. Stretched bitmaps will look awful
I don't like the sound of a 50%-100%-150%, you want proper vectoral like FL Studio.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

guitfnky

01 Apr 2021

Loque wrote:
01 Apr 2021
guitfnky wrote:
01 Apr 2021
I seriously doubt the hi res change would ship without custom scalability. complaining about the lack of features is one thing, but when RS give us features, they’re generally really well thought out. if they just gave us a fixed zoom option, I’d be super surprised.
You mean a complete free zoom? Like 1.1234 zoomfactor? Not sure this would work. AFAIR the images in the RE are rendered in different resolutions and this would need to scale them which normally results in blurred images or images with artefacts. But maybe i get surprised.
not necessarily that granular, no. I just mean a variety of options that would work for just about everyone (e.g. 110%, 125%, 140%, 150%, 200%, etc.).

it would be awesome to get the level of precision that you get with something like Ableton, but a good selection of fixed values would do just fine.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

guitfnky

01 Apr 2021

Creativemind wrote:
01 Apr 2021
guitfnky wrote:
01 Apr 2021
I seriously doubt the hi res change would ship without custom scalability. complaining about the lack of features is one thing, but when RS give us features, they’re generally really well thought out. if they just gave us a fixed zoom option, I’d be super surprised.
Crossfading Audio - No vertical alligment and only 1 curve type and only one curve type and no drawable curves in the automation. Sorry but that's not well thought out. If you mean they design well what they do give us, such as a very good transient detection and stretch of those transients in Slice Edit and stuff like that then yeah.

Does anybody else here think all this speculation going back and forth on here about what might be coming when nobody really knows, is quite a bad way of Reason Studio's going about things? all this because they never tell us anything.
hence the qualifier: *generally* —nobody gets it right every time.

as for the speculation—yes, I agree it’s not helping them, but by the same token, we’ve been making this same complaint for many years now, and I guess it hasn’t hit them all THAT much.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

fieldframe
RE Developer

01 Apr 2021

Loque wrote:
01 Apr 2021
guitfnky wrote:
01 Apr 2021
You mean a complete free zoom? Like 1.1234 zoomfactor? Not sure this would work. AFAIR the images in the RE are rendered in different resolutions and this would need to scale them which normally results in blurred images or images with artefacts. But maybe i get surprised.
Historically this has been a problem, but modern texture filtering combined with the high resolutions involved (both the source bitmaps and hiDPI screens) should make this a non-issue. Mac Laptops actually do this by default: They render at a higher resolution than the native 2x pixel count and scale down to an effective ~1.7x, and no one notices.

I think a free zoom is more or less a given if they use native zooming gestures, at least on Mac. If they do, though, I would expect they'd include a "reset to 100%" command.

The only alternative I could foresee is an Ableton-style zoom slider in the settings.

Billy+

01 Apr 2021

I started a speculation poll for V12 release and price...

Have fun and be nice lol

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7522534

jam-s

01 Apr 2021

Creativemind wrote:
01 Apr 2021
I don't like the sound of a 50%-100%-150%, you want proper vectoral like FL Studio.
The assets are not vector based, so free scaling will look blurry and thus I don't think it will be allowed.

R303

01 Apr 2021

Disadvantage from vector GUI is in photorealistic designs, can't imagine that with the rack.

QVprod

01 Apr 2021

Creativemind wrote:
01 Apr 2021
guitfnky wrote:
01 Apr 2021
Crossfading Audio - No vertical alligment and only 1 curve type and only one curve type and no drawable curves in the automation. Sorry but that's not well thought out. If you mean they design well what they do give us, such as a very good transient detection and stretch of those transients in Slice Edit and stuff like that then yeah.

Does anybody else here think all this speculation going back and forth on here about what might be coming when nobody really knows, is quite a bad way of Reason Studio's going about things? all this because they never tell us anything.
Considering that the audio functions in the sequencer were intended to be extremely simplified. Yeah, I'd say well thought out. "made for musicians, not audio engineers" was the slogan for Record. Those of us with advanced audio knowledge don't like it much because we're aware of tools that were made for us in mind.

You can actually draw automation curves, it's just not precise as other programs have gotten to be.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Apr 2021

Anything more advanced than a 4-track tape recorder is a bonus for me. I’m happy.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Yonatan

02 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
02 Apr 2021
Anything more advanced than a 4-track tape recorder is a bonus for me. I’m happy.
With that requirement, you do not need any more upgrades. :|

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Apr 2021

Yonatan wrote:
02 Apr 2021
MrFigg wrote:
02 Apr 2021
With that requirement, you do not need any more upgrades. :|
Kind of want my REs unlocked so I’ll get R12 whatever. Just in case :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Creativemind

02 Apr 2021

QVprod wrote:
01 Apr 2021
Creativemind wrote:
01 Apr 2021

Considering that the audio functions in the sequencer were intended to be extremely simplified. Yeah, I'd say well thought out. "made for musicians, not audio engineers" was the slogan for Record. Those of us with advanced audio knowledge don't like it much because we're aware of tools that were made for us in mind.

You can actually draw automation curves, it's just not precise as other programs have gotten to be.
Oh so that's why it's basic as it was a musician based software to begin with. Never knew that.

It isn't anymore though and they shouldn't treat is as such.

Creativemind

02 Apr 2021

jam-s wrote:
01 Apr 2021
Creativemind wrote:
01 Apr 2021
The assets are not vector based, so free scaling will look blurry and thus I don't think it will be allowed.
So you're saying it's definitely not possible?

Creativemind

02 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
02 Apr 2021
A lot of people tend to argue in here too things like, "why do you need this?", "why do you need that?", "Does it stop you from making music?" Using that kind of argument you could say, "why have muting on tracks when you can just delete all the clips in that track and then use undo to bring them back, same with midi notes", "why have ctrl S for save when it's already in a menu?", "why have have octave shift of notes when you can just highlight and move them with the mouse?", "why have labeling of tracks when you can just listen to them to tell which one's which?" so I really don't get those arguments. Seeing as it's a computer, seeing as you're not using a 4 track and just a guitar, seeing as it is supposed to be a daw, there's is absolutely no reason than just just stubborn reluctance not to add half the features people request on here. There's only 1 reason I can see for not doing I suppose, so it retains a bit of uniqueness and quirkiness perhaps.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Apr 2021

Creativemind wrote:
02 Apr 2021
MrFigg wrote:
02 Apr 2021
A lot of people tend to argue in here too things like, "why do you need this?", "why do you need that?", "Does it stop you from making music?" Using that kind of argument you could say, "why have muting on tracks when you can just delete all the clips in that track and then use undo to bring them back, same with midi notes", "why have ctrl S for save when it's already in a menu?", "why have have octave shift of notes when you can just highlight and move them with the mouse?", "why have labeling of tracks when you can just listen to them to tell which one's which?" so I really don't get those arguments. Seeing as it's a computer, seeing as you're not using a 4 track and just a guitar, seeing as it is supposed to be a daw, there's is absolutely no reason than just just stubborn reluctance not to add half the features people request on here. There's only 1 reason I can see for not doing I suppose, so it retains a bit of uniqueness and quirkiness perhaps.
Didn’t really understand what point you were making. All I meant was that I grew up with 4-tracks, then Record, then Reason and everything they add just makes it better and better and better. I love Reason. And when they add more stuff I’ll still love it :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Creativemind

02 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
02 Apr 2021
Didn’t really understand what point you were making. All I meant was that I grew up with 4-tracks, then Record, then Reason and everything they add just makes it better and better and better. I love Reason. And when they add more stuff I’ll still love it :).
Yeah and me.

Maybe not necessarily aimed at you then but the folk on here that never seem to think a feature is ever needed in Reason.

• Information