[Some] May Madness Reason price reductions hit the store

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 May 2020

kuhliloach wrote:
14 May 2020
even at $199 the Reason Suite upgrade and other upgrades are way too expensive IMO for users who have already purchased the product
Of course it's gonna be different for everyone depending on your needs and what you've got already.
Personally I found the Suite upgrade totally worth it. No regrets for me. It's been an inspiration boost for sure. I've written more tracks in the last 6 months than ever before. Some REs are more interesting than others of course, but I've found ways to incorporate almost all of them in my music.
Scenic and Beatmap has become new favorites. These two alone are probably worth €100 for me. The other Suite REs has been sprinkled in here and there in all my new tracks. In my opinion as long as you take what you've bought and actually make some music with it, it quickly becomes worth the money you spent. They've now become part of your art. That's gotta be worth something. That's how I look at it at least.

RoryM0

18 May 2020

madmacman wrote:
18 May 2020
Today May Madness has started and no sale for Reason 11 standard upgrade. No money from me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah a sale on the standard upgrade is really all I'm in the market for right now. I only have a couple of bits from Suite so upgrading when it was on sale last week seemed possible but when it came to it I really had no interest in the remaining REs from suite I didn't already have so didn't go for it. Will wait for standard.

oktorockto

18 May 2020

Hi - I am new to the forum but a long time Reason user and Rebirth before Reason was created. I am just coming back to Reason after a logn layoff - last version i had was 4. Been using 6.5 for a few months and now have upgraded to 11 Suite. I got my upgrade through BAX Music which has the 11 Suite for £173 - did a search for a voucher and found a code: DISCOUNT for another 15% off so cost me £147 in the end or near about. Interestingly it would not give me the discount on the download, only the boxed version. Still a big chunk off the £229 that Reason Studios wanted.

Faastwalker

18 May 2020

madmacman wrote:
18 May 2020
Today May Madness has started and no sale for Reason 11 standard upgrade. No money from me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think the second coming of Christ seems more likely than a sale on the R11 upgrade at this point!! And I'm an atheist!! :lol:

madmacman

18 May 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
18 May 2020
madmacman wrote:
18 May 2020
I think the second coming of Christ seems more likely than a sale on the R11 upgrade at this point!! And I'm an atheist!! :lol:
Probably. :lol:

I could slap myself for not having bought the Intro for $49 :cry: Would have been the cheapest buy-out while preserving all my RE‘s.

reddust

18 May 2020

madmacman wrote:
18 May 2020
This year on may madness by Reason Studios I have bought the suite upgrade... but Ableton Live's one.
Last edited by reddust on 18 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

madmacman

18 May 2020

reddust wrote:
18 May 2020
This year on may madness by Reason Studios I have bought the suite upgrade... for Ableton Live.
I considered this as well - but I don't need more virtual instruments. I have plenty of hardware synths to play with.

reddust

18 May 2020

madmacman wrote:
18 May 2020
reddust wrote:
18 May 2020
This year on may madness by Reason Studios I have bought the suite upgrade... for Ableton Live.
I considered this as well - but I don't need more virtual instruments. I have plenty of hardware synths to play with.
I've corrected my post since I wasn't sure if it was correctly understandable the way I put it before, what I actually have purchased is Ableton Live's upgrade, not Reason's. With the Reason suite I would have only got the plugin rack and I don't really think I need it. Ableton Live's upgrade was/is on sale and the suite offers some other improvements apart from instruments, like Max for Live, the whole CV control stuff and a bunch of audio and midi effects, so for me personally it was way more worth the purchase than Reason's upgrade

Skimrok

18 May 2020

reddust wrote:
18 May 2020
madmacman wrote:
18 May 2020
This year on may madness by Reason Studios I have bought the suite upgrade... but Ableton Live's one.
Wow Reason is a omen check your posts number when you did the above
Attachments
77812E69-E7E0-4375-833A-D376E11522B4.jpeg
77812E69-E7E0-4375-833A-D376E11522B4.jpeg (39.15 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

madmacman

18 May 2020

reddust wrote:
18 May 2020
I've corrected my post since I wasn't sure if it was correctly understandable the way I put it before, what I actually have purchased is Ableton Live's upgrade, not Reason's.
Oops, sorry. :oops: :) completely misunderstood...

reddust

18 May 2020

Skimrok wrote:
18 May 2020
reddust wrote:
18 May 2020

Wow Reason is a omen check your posts number when you did the above
haha, I was thinking exactly the same, I was about to make a screenshot as well but I was too lazy :lol:
madmacman wrote:
18 May 2020
reddust wrote:
18 May 2020
I've corrected my post since I wasn't sure if it was correctly understandable the way I put it before, what I actually have purchased is Ableton Live's upgrade, not Reason's.
Oops, sorry. :oops: :) completely misunderstood...
oh don't worry, it was my bad, I have re-read my post and it did actually sound as you understood :)

• Information