Reason Versions

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SebAudio

03 May 2020

I'm trying to keep a "log history" of the different versions of Reason and RE (RS ones). I've started this one at a time I was thinking that we, as Reason users, were not so lucky with RS not releasing enough "stuff". But, wow ! it's a lot in fact. I've been searching the web to have the dates ans contents right, but I've might have missed some modules, so if you see one missing, please tell me ! Have a nice day !
Attachments
Reason.png
Reason.png (183.46 KiB) Viewed 1997 times

Yonatan

03 May 2020

Nice work with the map. Will be handy to bring into some threads. So R12 may come somewhere in 2021 if following latest pattern.

Ulpu

03 May 2020

Very cool!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 May 2020

Nice map. :thumbs_up:

Also:
Delay Compensation. Was that R10? Can't remember. But that's a pretty significant one.
Export to mp3 on R11.
Abilty to use Hyper-threading?
Performance improvement. Both for VST and Reason itself. Was that R10? Is that too boring to add?

Maybe add "Create Favorite List" (Utilities) to R10? That's one of my favorite features lately.
Curved Automation R10, but maybe some of these features are to small to add to the list. Might get bloated.

I don't know. Take what you want from these. I understand if you don't want to add some of the smaller new features.

joeyluck

03 May 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
03 May 2020
Nice map. :thumbs_up:

Also:
Delay Compensation. Was that R10? Can't remember. But that's a pretty significant one.
Delay Compensation was 9.5

This is a good reference for many features and fixes: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes
TritoneAddiction wrote:
03 May 2020
Maybe add "Create Favorite List" (Utilities) to R10? That's one of my favorite features lately.
Curved Automation R10, but maybe some of these features are to small to add to the list. Might get bloated.
R10 just added the ability to add devices to favorites lists if that's what you mean.

R11 added Automation Curves

selig
RE Developer

03 May 2020

Amazing work, so many times I've wondered about when a feature was added and had no easy way to find out. Get ready to update it next week…
Also, I agree with Tritone, add all the features you can. Ideally it would be fantastic to have this be interactive online so you could compress/expand to see the smaller details.
Also, what does the red star indicate? There's no legend to indicate its meaning (or am I blind?). And maybe you could indicate which REs are included in what versions, and add the Suite REs with their own indicator?
Thanks for all your work and for sharing!
Selig Audio, LLC

SebAudio

04 May 2020

Thank you for the kind words. I didn't find any web site where everybody could edit the file (without any registration). I can publish the "source" file (xMind) so if anybody is interested, she / he can add what he wants.
I'll take into account the above features, but no bug fixes or (more difficult to choose) "minor" features. The red star are to show the "milestones" of Reason versions or REs. The modules or features which where appreciated (web, press) at the time of their release and / or if significant / "unique" as time passing. I'm a "synth oriented" guy, so my choices are biased !

selig
RE Developer

04 May 2020

SebAudio wrote:
04 May 2020
Thank you for the kind words. I didn't find any web site where everybody could edit the file (without any registration).
If you're responding to my comment about putting this online, I was hoping for an interactive resource rather than a community contribution site (like a wiki). Both would be great, but my comment was more directed at how to show the smaller details by having collapsable sections.

It's great as it is, so no worries there! :)
Selig Audio, LLC

DaveyG

04 May 2020

I think the level of detail on that diagram is perfect. Nice one! It would get too cluttered if you tried to include all the small stuff.

However, I think a Reason Wiki is a genius idea. We could document every change in every version, have a section on common fixes and workarounds, a FAQ, a bug list and it could house lots of the good stuff that is currently sticky-ed on these forums.

Mods, is that something that could be hosted on ReasonTalk?

plaamook

04 May 2020

selig wrote:
03 May 2020
Get ready to update it next week…

Why, what's happening next week?...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

madmacman

04 May 2020

plaamook wrote:
04 May 2020
selig wrote:
03 May 2020
Get ready to update it next week…

From viewpoint yesterday (when Selig wrote his reply) it‘s this week. ;)

Tomorrow: 11.3 update.

plaamook

04 May 2020

madmacman wrote:
04 May 2020
plaamook wrote:
04 May 2020

Ah, far out.
Any idea what's in it?

Or here.

madmacman

04 May 2020

plaamook wrote:
04 May 2020
madmacman wrote:
04 May 2020

Ah, far out.
Any idea what's in it?
According to official announcement: AAX support and maybe bugfixes. Nothing else. But there's still hope that they want to surprise us...

plaamook

04 May 2020

madmacman wrote:
04 May 2020
plaamook wrote:
04 May 2020

Ah, far out.
Any idea what's in it?
According to official announcement: AAX support and maybe bugfixes. Nothing else. But there's still hope that they want to surprise us...
WOnder if the state of the sequencer could be considered a bug...

Or here.

madmacman

04 May 2020

BTT: Congrats @SebAudio for the excellent timeline. It's usually harder to find the "perfect" layout than to finally decide for colors, boxes, and lines. You found a truly elegant solution! :clap:

visheshl

04 May 2020

Nice work 👍 i think reason studios should have this on a page on their website, and should be kept updated

Yonatan

04 May 2020

Soon someone (not me though) with a lot of time at hand will make a mindmap about all the features they want Reason to add. Would be breaking the unwritten rule not to turn also this thread to a wishing well. ;)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2020

When was ID8 added? Was it R7? It should probably be added to this map. I feel like it's significant enough.

dan_g

17 Jun 2020

i am missing the "Record" part. because that was the moment i purchased the "Reason + Record" Bundle and The Dongle. Or is this straight Reason.

Edit: btw i love this Map
Last edited by dan_g on 17 Jun 2020, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

adfielding

17 Jun 2020

I don't have any constructive to say besides adding that I think this is awesome! I love nerding out with older Reason versions, so this is right up my street. Thanks for sharing it!

Also, I concur that it'd be cool to have a little Record section in there and to merge the two at R6.

edit: I noticed "Rytmik" is mis-spelled

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
17 Jun 2020
When was ID8 added? Was it R7? It should probably be added to this map. I feel like it's significant enough.
Nevermind. It's already on the map. R6. I missed it somehow.
Still glad I bumped this thread though, even if that wasn't my initial intention. It deserves to be a sticky. I had to go back pretty far to find this thread.

• Information