A Severe Bone To Pick With Reason Studios

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
KevTav

01 May 2020

I am about to upgrade to 11. I want to. Need to.

But I was sitting here thinking about all the things I have purchased since Reason 7.
All the REs, all the packages, instruments, affiliate company products, all the upgrades, etc

Possibly totaling $2000 or more, from solely the Props Reason Studios website.

Not ONE offer or coupon. Ever. Not one email sent giving me a discount code to use toward something I want. Ever.

It just sucks. Is my sharing this productive? No. But I just really felt the need to say it after all this time. It really, really sucks to think about.

:exclamation: ETA. I purchased the Reason 11 Suite. Is it worth it. Yes. That is all. :exclamation:
Last edited by KevTav on 03 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Yamaha DGX-650 (Controller) - Komplete Audio Interface - Asus GR8 2 - Intel Core i7-7700 3.60 GHz - 16GB RAM - Audio Technica ATH M50x - Yamaha HS 80Ms - Reason 10 - Izotope - Cubase - Pro Tools - Ableton - Epiphones - Taylors - SH*TLOAD of Plug-Ins

KevTav

01 May 2020

It's like dating a hot chick. And you end up being the "provider". You buy the shoes, the gifts, the meals, the trips. You talk well about her, you tell people how great she is, how nice she is to be around.....for 5 years. Then you check your credit card statements....your banks history....and you realize she never even bought you a pack of fukin SMOKES.

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|
Yamaha DGX-650 (Controller) - Komplete Audio Interface - Asus GR8 2 - Intel Core i7-7700 3.60 GHz - 16GB RAM - Audio Technica ATH M50x - Yamaha HS 80Ms - Reason 10 - Izotope - Cubase - Pro Tools - Ableton - Epiphones - Taylors - SH*TLOAD of Plug-Ins

Loque

01 May 2020

Just got yesterday a loyalty voucher of 30 bucks from a different company. It was the 2nd this year. And no, it's not Plugin Alliance.

A bit more here and there would be good. Even if RE are not from RS itself.
Reason12, Win10

KevTav

01 May 2020

Loque wrote:
01 May 2020
Just got yesterday a loyalty voucher of 30 bucks from a different company. It was the 2nd this year. And no, it's not Plugin Alliance.

A bit more here and there would be good. Even if RE are not from RS itself.
I get loyalty offers jammed in my "music email" all the time from almost every company I've bought from.

Literally NOT ONE from Reason......ever.......ever ever ever.

KevTav

01 May 2020

Am I an A-HOLE for being angry at this?

orthodox
RE Developer

01 May 2020

Sounds to me like someone's getting greedy.

KevTav

01 May 2020

orthodox wrote:
01 May 2020
Sounds to me like someone's getting greedy.
:exclamation:

KevTav

01 May 2020

I feel like sending Reason Sales department an "AND ANOTHER THING!!!!" email.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 May 2020

I've honestly never really understood the whole "I've been I loyal customer" thing. That goes for any company btw.
You give them money. They give you a nice product. You both get something valuable. The deal is done.
Why would they owe you anything after that?

Sure, offering nice deals or free stuff is really nice and generous and may even be a smarter idea business wise in the long run to keep customers. But I'd rather be greatful when it does happen rather than feeling disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Having said all that, their reward system sucks. :lol:

orthodox
RE Developer

01 May 2020

What's the problem? When you bought the stuff, you pay money, you get stuff, that's what the contract was. Did it say you would get any bonuses in the future? And now you are trying to bend the original deal the way that they owe you something. This will not do.

KevTav

01 May 2020

orthodox wrote:
01 May 2020
What's the problem? When you bought the stuff, you pay money, you get stuff, that's what the contract was. Did it say you would get any bonuses in the future? And now you are trying to bend the original deal the way that they owe you something. This will not do.
Oh crap, you were SERIOUS with the "greedy" comment. I thought you were joking. Weird.

plaamook

01 May 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 May 2020
I've honestly never really understood the whole "I've been I loyal customer" thing. That goes for any company btw.
You give them money. They give you a nice product. You both get something valuable. The deal is done.
Why would they owe you anything after that?

Sure, offering nice deals or free stuff is really nice and generous and may even be a smarter idea business wise in the long run to keep customers. But I'd rather be greatful when it does happen rather than feeling disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Having said all that, their reward system sucks. :lol:
Same.

And when you try giving me free stuff because I’ve been ‘loyal’ all these years I just figure I’ve been paying more than somethings worth.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

KevTav

01 May 2020

orthodox wrote:
01 May 2020
Also, Reasons own WEBSITE has a "Rewards" page. I was talking about promo/discount codes.
rewards.PNG
rewards.PNG (87.21 KiB) Viewed 3391 times

EdGrip

01 May 2020

KevTav

01 May 2020

EdGrip wrote:
01 May 2020
That's my face when I realize after 5 years, as I'm clicking the cart button, that I NEVER GOT A DAMN COUPON!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 May 2020

EdGrip wrote:
01 May 2020
Limmy’s a fanny.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

KevTav

01 May 2020

See there's a reason I came here. Because now I'm laughing my arse off at the thought of "They never gave me a damn coupon!!"

dvdrtldg

01 May 2020

KevTav wrote:
01 May 2020
Am I an A-HOLE for being angry at this?
Yeah, you are a bit. At least you're aware of it

vondersulzburg

01 May 2020

Don't we get these Mai madness, super sale things, Rewards, isn't that not the same in other gifts?

I decided after a while to upgrade to Suite after upgraded to 11. I wrote to sales and the next day I got a voucher which give me the chance to upgrade to Suite without loosing any money compared to the regular price, and I got the rewards for this purchase.

And as far as I can remember there was a voucher for one or two players and Umpf upgrades, 2. Layers Romper, and if you owned the A-List players you got the UJAM things for free.

And in the beginning of the rewards there was a initial voucher of 25? €, wasn't it?

2 weeks ago I get a voucher from Presonus for a free UVI workstation worth 149€. Fine, I created a user and tried to get this. After more than 10 trials with the same result that the pay-server is unavailable, I let my basket with the voucher alone over night. Next morning the voucher disappeared by miracle. That makes me feel more pissed up.

We have 3 cars, but I can't remember that we ever got a worth full voucher from any of the OEM's (MB,VW,Fiat)
MacBook Air 512GB SSD 16GB RAM, Reason 11 Suite, LogicProX, FL-Studio, Live10Suite

Ulpu

01 May 2020

I think (especially now when it seems everyplace is throwing some sort sales now and then) you need to think: do I want this thing? Do I want/need it right now in full price? Or do I wait if it comes for sale?
But then again - if I buy it now I could use it already!

1reasonable

01 May 2020

Just my own thought: Have aloo, at how Waves.com go about their business. You can get fully featured VST plugins for $29. There are “sales” almost all the time. You can demo them, and put them into your own wish list. I, and I suppose many other customers have waited for their preferred plugins to come into the sale. Certainly, there is an air of excitement for me when this happens, as the plugins have become affordable. For me, it’s clever marketing, but one for me as a customer, generates anticipation and excitement. This has realised several purchases that if there were no such sales, I probably wouldn’t have bought them. I also occasionally get further inducements with a genuine extra 10% personal discount on top of a coupon! It’s very clever psychology! Reason and the RE developers could do this with older stock. Certainly with Reason, it’s maybe an annual upgrade offer that’s usually 30% off and no more. I’ve never upgraded at full price, but that does mean I have to wait a very long time. For me R11 upgrade is not attractive enough, so I’ll be giving it a miss, even if there is a discount in the offing. At Easter, UVI had a promotion which enabled me to get Falcon and three expansion packs at almost half price! Phenomenal! It’s a good example as that would previously have been funds for “some stuff for Reason” . There are so many options for buyers out there these days, Reason Studios need to do more than change their name to tempt me.
…………………………………………………………………

:reason: 11.3.6 ,  iMac Intel Core i5 (late 2012) OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra

Oquasec

01 May 2020

I guess you can call me a biased fanboy, but honestly learning every module I buy would be well worth the time spent since everything requires some time to fully get to grips with.

If I had 150 modules, it would take me weeks to learn all of them.
That's enough reason to keep using the software
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

BigPictureSound

01 May 2020

Loyalty programs were created to reward long-term, loyal supporters with special incentives exclusive to fly-by-night customers. Not saying Reason should or should not- but it is understood as a general nod when a company says “hey, we see you could have spent that 100 bucks anywhere, literally, but you chose us. As a thank you for supporting our mission to democratize music for musicians everywhere, here is coupon to use as you wish.”

Don’t need to write long contracts, or play mental gymnastics to understand why this is type of marketing is effective.

orthodox
RE Developer

01 May 2020

BigPictureSound wrote:
01 May 2020
Loyalty programs were created to reward long-term, loyal supporters with special incentives exclusive to fly-by-night customers. Not saying Reason should or should not- but it is understood as a general nod when a company says “hey, we see you could have spent that 100 bucks anywhere, literally, but you chose us. As a thank you for supporting our mission to democratize music for musicians everywhere, here is coupon to use as you wish.”

Don’t need to write long contracts, or play mental gymnastics to understand why this is type of marketing is effective.
It would be unfair to new customers and they would say "Hey, why old farts have advantages here? Our money is just like theirs". Rewards work for the company best where they stimulate future sales. Who said it is 'loyal' customers who spends more? Whatever some part of customers may feel about their 'loyalty' and 'investments', it is not their business. If customers had a say in company's decisions, they'd quickly ruin it, because nobody seems to like spending their money, everyone wants to save it for themselves. And if some customers feel they're not getting their 'reward', they're free to leave. I am sure the sales department has already estimated the percentage of those having such attitudes and considered that an insignificant loss.

• Information