My "Export Song As Audio" Isn't Working Correctly

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
KevTav

28 Apr 2020

Hey all,

Trying to export my song as audio. (Stereo Track) for Mastering. Suddenly it's getting minor skips and glitches. Even the song start is not zeroing correctly (Cut into late). I've tried exporting fresh audio files about 5 times now. Every file has a different issue. Never experienced this.

Exporting in 44.1 Hz....24 bit. Never had any issues with this. Tried optimizing everything, deleting files, etc. The song I'm exporting FROM sounds perfect. I've never had a Pre-Master sound this good actually. So it's something happening in between. I'm stuck and I need this song done within the next 48 hours.

Anyone got any clue?
Yamaha DGX-650 (Controller) - Komplete Audio Interface - Asus GR8 2 - Intel Core i7-7700 3.60 GHz - 16GB RAM - Audio Technica ATH M50x - Yamaha HS 80Ms - Reason 10 - Izotope - Cubase - Pro Tools - Ableton - Epiphones - Taylors - SH*TLOAD of Plug-Ins

PhillipOrdonez

28 Apr 2020

Maybe it is your hard disk? Have you tried exporting other files to see?

If not, I would delete vsts / RE one by one until finding the culprit. Hope someone else can provide better guidance.

jam-s

28 Apr 2020

In case you're using some VSTi. If I remember correctly a few don't (didn't) work well during bounce but only in live mode. you can try to export with different sample rate and buffer settings and see if this helps. If this also does not help you can try to record it during playback with audacity (and a virtual audio cable).

KevTav

28 Apr 2020

jam-s wrote:
28 Apr 2020
In case you're using some VSTi. If I remember correctly a few don't (didn't) work well during bounce but only in live mode. you can try to export with different sample rate and buffer settings and see if this helps. If this also does not help you can try to record it during playback with audacity (and a virtual audio cable).
Like maybe try EXPORTING at a higher rate? Or changing the sample rate WITHIN the song in preferences?

Everything is PLAYING fine....so would it be that?
Yamaha DGX-650 (Controller) - Komplete Audio Interface - Asus GR8 2 - Intel Core i7-7700 3.60 GHz - 16GB RAM - Audio Technica ATH M50x - Yamaha HS 80Ms - Reason 10 - Izotope - Cubase - Pro Tools - Ableton - Epiphones - Taylors - SH*TLOAD of Plug-Ins

platzangst

29 Apr 2020

KevTav wrote:
28 Apr 2020
Like maybe try EXPORTING at a higher rate? Or changing the sample rate WITHIN the song in preferences?

It's hard to tell, but it might be. When I tried to export my track for the Orange Maia contest, I found that the RE would cause the "export to WAV" function to fail completely if the selected export rate was different than the audio rate selected in Reason's preferences. Played fine, wouldn't export. And that was an RE, not a VST.

You might try bouncing the track by itself to an audio track, see if that works. If you can at least get the track by itself to render all right, then you can mix from that.

KevTav

29 Apr 2020

platzangst wrote:
29 Apr 2020
KevTav wrote:
28 Apr 2020

It's hard to tell, but it might be. When I tried to export my track for the Orange Maia contest, I found that the RE would cause the "export to WAV" function to fail completely if the selected export rate was different than the audio rate selected in Reason's preferences. Played fine, wouldn't export. And that was an RE, not a VST.

You might try bouncing the track by itself to an audio track, see if that works. If you can at least get the track by itself to render all right, then you can mix from that.
Thanks. I'll recheck everything today. Over 200 Songs made on Reason, this is the first time this has happened. I'm gonna try everything I know. But for now I can't Import audio. I'm gonna try dragging the audio in too. It may be the "Import" function not rendering the audio right. It's just baffling.

KevTav

29 Apr 2020

I'm pretty sure the issue is FIXED! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1) If you use Sonarworks or any speaker/headphone reference plus ins....remember that they are IN THE MASTER CHAIN. Bypass them BEFORE exporting into a stereo track. Otherwise, on Mastering, you're screwed. How I forgot this I dunno

2) There may be an issue with Guitar Rig 5 Pro from Native Instruments. Not sure, least likely suspect. But I took the plugins out and just did a full bounce. I made sure no extra plugins were in the entire song....going to stereo master.

3) For some reason, and this happens a lot. Some systems work better with Mid to higher Sample rates. Mine is at peak around 88.2 khz to 96 khz. Crunching sample rates on EXPORT, for instance, exporting a 96K song to a 44 or 48 khz file, doesn't seem to work well. Start times and zeroing will be off. It will have one or 2 hiccups.

I gotta new interface so I was experimenting. That is the outlier in all this.

Anyway, hope it helps someone. Who may do a search or something.

Thanks for the input for those that replied.

Reycole

26 Dec 2022

KevTav wrote:
28 Apr 2020
Hey all,

Trying to export my song as audio. (Stereo Track) for Mastering. Suddenly it's getting minor skips and glitches. Even the song start is not zeroing correctly (Cut into late). I've tried exporting fresh audio files about 5 times now. Every file has a different issue. Never experienced this.

Exporting in 44.1 Hz....24 bit. Never had any issues with this. Tried optimizing everything, deleting files, etc. The song I'm exporting FROM sounds perfect. I've never had a Pre-Master sound this good actually. So it's something happening in between. I'm stuck and I need this song done within the next 48 hours.

Anyone got any clue?
Hey I feel like we're both having the same exact issue!! I also have been using Reasons for years now amd have never had this problem. I'm receiving glitches after exporting my songs as well and it's mainly after using VST. Did you ever find a solution??!!

kuhliloach

26 Dec 2022

Wow this thread brings me back to my using-Reason-as-a-DAW days. I never could understand the incredible lack of functionality on the Export features. When compared to Logic I simply cannot understand why RS even considers Reason a professional product worth charging money for. It has such woefully lacking export features it's obviously nothing more than a toy. Sure hope this gets figured out.

• Information