Upgrade to suite?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Suite or standard?

Suite
61%
Standard
39%

Total votes: 36
condray

23 Apr 2020

Have taken a fairly long hiatus from music making and have just been using Reason for podcast recording because I already owned it. Because I wasn't doing much I am still on version 7.

I am finally getting back into music and definitely going to upgrade, but was curious if it was worth it to go all the way to the suite edition, or if it is just fluff.

Opinions?

BonsaiMacKay

24 Apr 2020

I am interested in finally using Reason again and being able to use it as a plugin is the best argument for me to undust it. What I am doing is I am looking at the list of Suite-only devices and ticking what I "need". I find it frustrating that there are only two extra effects (and not the most exciting of them), and three extra players. If they had included a couple more creative effects and creative players, i wouldn't be hesitating. The instruments seem nice and all, but many of them are redundant in my case. Now, if Reason is the only platform you use and you have no other DAWs and plugins, go for Suite. The more the merrier?

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2020

Suite!

We aren't biased at all around here. ;)

Jackjackdaw

24 Apr 2020

The instruments are really great but if they are not useful for your purpose then suite doesn't add any extra utility to Reason. But then the functionality has been stagnant a long time, most of the developments have been around the instruments and players .

Steedus
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2020

You'll probably be pretty blown away with new stuff going from 7 to 11 standard, but if you're upgrading anyway, think of Suite as a discounted Rack Extension bundle.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2020

yOU HAVE TWO GOOD OPTIONS, SUITE OR STD+sYNTH RIG

(oh caps were on...)
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2020

Boombastix wrote:
24 Apr 2020
yOU HAVE TWO GOOD OPTIONS, SUITE OR STD+sYNTH RIG

(oh caps were on...)
Yes those are good options. Also the Synapse bundle/collection is another good option.

guitfnky

24 Apr 2020

suite is the only answer for me. the new stuff in standard is decent, but not worth the $130 price, for what I need.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

gullum

24 Apr 2020

Coming from 7 I would go Suite. Because then you not need to buy anything again in a long time the added RE's include most that you will need for making any type of music.

Ulpu

24 Apr 2020

You could also try the demo versions of the synths from Suite... see if they REALLY are what you like to use. And browse some other RE in the shop and maybe even try their demos + compare. This way you get a feeling of what the Suite offers/are they for you. And naturally if you find the effects + synths interesting for YOU, then buy the suite version.

condray

24 Apr 2020

I went full on Suite... Not sure I needed all this but I am very happy.

I am completely f***ing blown away at the workflow difference. I knew it would be a lot, but seriously this is so smooth and all the little efficiencies and improvements that I didn't even think were slowing me down before, are mind boggling.

After a very long session of trying things out and getting a feel for it, I saw that I could export as a mp3.. I'm not gonna lie, I almost cried.

djs

26 Apr 2020

Suite! Upgrading from reason 7 will give you all the latest instruments, effects, and rack extentions.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2020

condray wrote:
24 Apr 2020
I went full on Suite... Not sure I needed all this but I am very happy.

I am completely f***ing blown away at the workflow difference. I knew it would be a lot, but seriously this is so smooth and all the little efficiencies and improvements that I didn't even think were slowing me down before, are mind boggling.

After a very long session of trying things out and getting a feel for it, I saw that I could export as a mp3.. I'm not gonna lie, I almost cried.
You did the right thing. Have fun with all your new toys. :)

• Information